Need a little help!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Sorry to hear. Do you have any recent pics that may help with diagnosis?

Reactions: MetalRavioli

MetalRavioli

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2022
Massachusetts
azariah.wikidot.com
Sorry to hear. Do you have any recent pics that may help with diagnosis?
Most recent photo. Taken about a month ago. Those black dots had expanded and taken over almost his entire face, blocking his eyes, swelling his mouth. One dot formed at the base of his fin as you can see, and he was eventually unable to move it. In the final day or so, when I was debating euthanasia, he began gasping at the top of the tank, most of white was visible around his face, and he was unable to locate food. His fins had begun deteriorating, and he could stay completely upright. I waited just too long.

Theres almost nothing in the internet pertaining to this disease. I’ve read some posts on forums of skirt tetras developing this, and quickly passing. I’ve seen some people say that this is type of disease/infection (I forget what kind, but they named it) that skirt tetras are prone too. Skirt tetras owners, eradicate this as quickly as possibly. I’m not sure how, but I’m assuming more fungal medications that I didn’t get to use might work. One of my skirt tetras has a small black blotch on his lip, so I’m going keep medicating and hope for the best. It doesn’t seem contagious, as only those two had it, but I can be 100% sure.

Most sources I’ve seen, skirt tetras have quickly passed from this. Guess my big guy was a strong one. He’ll be missed ?4EC7E875-CA45-403E-BB80-0DA2354D1CF6.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Deadeye and deeda

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
I wish I knew what it is, I’ve never seen anything like it. Fungal is my best guess.

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store