FATF need info on how to beef this little guy up

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
How long has it been since it was introduced into the tank?
Yesterday in the morning, I had to put a towel that covers most of the side of the tank because he kept pushing up against the walls of the tank

Guppy_R

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2022
Yesterday in the morning, I had to put a towel that covers most of the side of the tank because he kept pushing up against the walls of the tank
A then I think, it s most probably because it was just recently introduced to the tank and it may still be getting used to its new environment.
It might take a few more days for it to get used and start eating normally, I had a gar once who didn't eat for over 5 days or so from the day I bought it ;-;
So you could try feeding after another one or two days and if it still doesn't eat remove the food and try the next day.

Reactions: m_sol

Fishguy17_Tigerfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2022
I say give him a couple more days I have two forskahlii myself and it took around 2 day for them too start eating blood worms with the vittatus so when there other fish eating it usually instantly makes them wanna eat too so I would say if he doesn’t eat get some bala sharks or some silver dollars for him too school with and if they eat he will too

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
A then I think, it s most probably because it was just recently introduced to the tank and it may still be getting used to its new environment.
It might take a few more days for it to get used and start eating normally, I had a gar once who didn't eat for over 5 days or so from the day I bought it ;-;
So you could try feeding after another one or two days and if it still doesn't eat remove the food and try the next day.
I definitely think that’s what it was! He barely started to enjoy his floating and sinking pellets. Im also thinking of picking up a vittatus. Do you think they’d get along well long term in a pond or 300 gallon bare aquarium?

Reactions: Guppy_R

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
I say give him a couple more days I have two forskahlii myself and it took around 2 day for them too start eating blood worms with the vittatus so when there other fish eating it usually instantly makes them wanna eat too so I would say if he doesn’t eat get some bala sharks or some silver dollars for him too school with and if they eat he will too
Thanks! How big is your vittatus? I want to pick one up as well. Not sure if I should grow them out together or separately

Fishguy17_Tigerfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2022
Only had mines for about two month eat blood worms and brine shrimp and freeze dried shrimp and is about 5.5 too 6 inches now growing fast got him at 4 inches

m_sol

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2020
Only had mines for about two month eat blood worms and brine shrimp and freeze dried shrimp and is about 5.5 too 6 inches now growing fast got him at 4 inches
Nice, how much did you get it for? I found one for $220 at 5 inches

Guppy_R

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2022
m also thinking of picking up a vittatus. Do you think they’d get along well long term in a pond or 300 gallon bare aquarium?
I m not so sure as I haven't kept a vittatus before lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store