Breeding Teugelsi bichir

Spam

Feeder Fish
Aug 2, 2022
Australia
Just wondering if anyone has had any success at breeding teugelsi in aquaria without hormones? I would very much appreciate any advice or help with who may be able to point me in the right direction of even someone to speak too. Happy polypterus keeping 😄

Spam

Feeder Fish
Aug 2, 2022
Australia
I personally had 2 different groups of Senegalus Bichir spawn without hormones. I personally don't think you need hormones for them 😆
Whilst id like to congratulate you on your success. From my understanding and knowledge senegalus is the ‘EASIEST’ polypterus/ bichir to breed in aquaria. I am after information surrounding the breeding method specific to the teugelsi/ cross river bichir if there were one apart from hormones, or what hormones to use). Thankyou :)

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I am after information surrounding the breeding method specific to the teugelsi/
There is a lfs in the US that sells tank raised teugs I'm assuming without hormones.
You can reach out to them The Wetspot Tropical Fish.

Reactions: Spam

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
There is also a member from Korea that has bred them with the use of hormones.

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
I've breed several species of Polypterus without hormone treatment but not teugelsi yet. But I guess they require bit larger tank to breed than any other species of upper jaw bichirs.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store