More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
A shoutout here to BRUTUS, my biggest pink marble hrp and now an official double decker! Unlike his massive striped cousins he is fertile. (I have a couple of his young uns).

He was originally aggressive, then turned into a creampuff. Now it seems his maturity is kicking in and he more on the aggressive side!

Brutus 1.jpg

Brutus 2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Matth05 and Deadeye

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Working on the 125 tonight. Keepers go in bucket during w/c, everyone else going in temporary tub. Imperative I thin it out which I fully believe is causing most of the issues. Details upcoming.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
A shoutout here to BRUTUS, my biggest pink marble hrp and now an official double decker! Unlike his massive striped cousins he is fertile. (I have a couple of his young uns).

He was originally aggressive, then turned into a creampuff. Now it seems his maturity is kicking in and he more on the aggressive side!

View attachment 1544826

View attachment 1544827
Did you keep Brutus’ fry long enough to see if he passed on his size?

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Did you keep Brutus’ fry long enough to see if he passed on his size?
Tigger is a daughter of his...she's as large as the males in the growout (which threw me off). She'll be going in the breeder eith her female clan. Sharky is another offspring, pink with a black fin down low.

If you go back a couple of pages you'll see Tigger now has side markings similar to Brutus.

Matth05

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2022
New Jersey
Tigger is a daughter of his...she's as large as the males in the growout (which threw me off). She'll be going in the breeder eith her female clan. Sharky is another offspring, pink with a black fin down low.

If you go back a couple of pages you'll see Tigger now has side markings similar to Brutus.
Gonna be honest, have totally lost track of who is related to who here lol. With that being said, does Brutus have any relation to the other monster hrps? He’s an absolute stunner and at least to me looks like he’s shaped differently. Looks like he has less of that “mini Midas” shape but rather more traditional convict/hrp shape, just massive LMAO.

• Haha
Reactions: FINWIN

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Gonna be honest, have totally lost track of who is related to who here lol. With that being said, does Brutus have any relation to the other monster hrps? He’s an absolute stunner and at least to me looks like he’s shaped differently. Looks like he has less of that “mini Midas” shape but rather more traditional convict/hrp shape, just massive LMAO.
He's a cousin to the big striped ones. A son of Slade/Speck, grandson of Mongo/Pip. Brothers are Ace, Blackbeard, Squiggy and Neet, sisters are Harlequin and Mica (all pinks). Brutus def has Slade's shape, just taller. And brother, can he eat. Real friendly, too...always one of the first to come up and greet and loves to explore. All of my hrps are related, tracing back to the trio of Mongo/Slade/and Pip. Approx 800 descendants in total.

I noticed the males of a certain shape tend to be fertile. There are no midas shaped pinks. The striped males midas shaped are all sterile. The two exceptions are Dusty (striped midas shape) and Stripey (striped, huge wedge shape like Brutus).

The rollercoaster continues. Buddy now has early stages of Columnaris. I kind of noticed his tail was a little ragged in traffic but when doing the the tank today I noticed the same three vertical dots on the tail and early fin rot. His nuchal hump looked grayish and off. And his chin is starting to turn white at the bottom. I didn't waste any time. Started him on a salt bath, followed up with a peroxide/methylene blue swab. He didn't take too well to it, laying on his side. Out of desperation I tried a product called "fish protect". It isn't a medicine but a carrying agent that lets medications absorb better on the skin. It has vitamin c also. Buddy kind of perked up but leaned against the bucket. Have no idea if he'll last the night. I can only hope, giving him peace and quiet.

Did a major clean of the 125 this time. I'll probably get rid of syno Cash. He's getting nasty and I'm done with it.

Needless to say the big fish were easiest to catch. I ended up using my led beamer flashlight to see the young fry that Mongo and Nix had. There were about 12 skating across the sand, not much bigger than wigglers. Would never have seen them under regular light.

Mongo has once again popped his cork.

I would like to eventually move selected fish to the 125 eventually but in light of what's going on I don't know.

Reactions: Deadeye and Matth05

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Positive news on Buddy the hrp! He's no longer dark and laying on the bottom of the bucket! He's up and hovering normally. His tail fin looks brighter and more even in color. He gets another treatment tonight.

I might do a bit more thinning of the 125 because I' like to put Blackbeard, Ace and Neet there since I want to see if they are supersized. Brutus only got so big in the growout but when he was moved to the 125 his size took off.

Mongo is still acting the fool bu his antics are gonna get old real quick.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store