I want to buy parrot chilchid

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Not all BPs are deformed, or genetically weak specimens. Mine has a very normal body, head, and mouth shape, and close as I can tell she has got to be closing in on 10 yrs of age. Normal mouth, and has teeth to prove it. Mean as hell when she wants to be. Just recently has begun to decline in health. Very interesting behavioural traits, compared to many fish that I have owned over the years. Don’t let the haters scare you away.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
The info in this sticky may help.

Reactions: tlindsey

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
While there are "some" less deformed versions out there, I have seen more and more , with even distorted versions with altered and trimmed fins, and branded and tatooed bodies.
To me this type of public demand only leads to more and more experimentation and deformations, in the future generations.
so me the rammifications for abuse are real, and palpable, and why I am so adamant, about not contributing to these popular fads.
I know it' s probably a losing battle these days.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Yeah man, you lost that battle over a thousand years ago when the Chinese began domesticating goldfish.

Flip that same coin, and many people could consider netting fish out of their native waters, and forcing them to live out the rest of their life in a glass box, if they even survive the collection process, to be a form of abuse.

Reactions: tlindsey

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
No kidding. Not sure I get your point? Non hybridized deformed fish are more acceptable than hybridized deformed fish?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Btw….. many of the designer fish, are a product of both.

Midwater

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2021
Thailand
Yeah man, you lost that battle over a thousand years ago when the Chinese began domesticating goldfish.
No kidding. Not sure I get your point? Non hybridized deformed fish are more acceptable than hybridized deformed fish?
Seems to have taken a lot longer to end up with horrendous bubble head goldfish than horrendous BPs.

I wouldn't keep either.

Reactions: HUKIT
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store