Got My New Tank!

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
"4 foot" was not the critical part of that message, but time will tell I guess
I gotcha. We'll see - he and the GT are the priority - I am fine rehoming the others if/when needed. I didn't plan on keeping a lone Firemouth either, but he survived the tank crash and is doing great on his own so I am kind of attached but would rehome him and the Bichir if necessary. Hopefully it all works out! Nobody messes with the Catfish either so he can stay too I'm sure. The Danios are too quick to be caught (so far lol). I have time though, they're all still small-ish.

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Been busy but the tank is doing great! It seems to have really settled in now, all the brown algae is gone and it's quite stable. Filter setup + wavemaker is working extremely well. Let it go 2 weeks and Nitrates were maybe at the absolute most 20 PPM. Even after 2 weeks I turned everything off before a water change and really stirred up the substrate (out of curiosity) with a handheld wave maker and barely anything came up into the water column.

The Oscar is a freak, I bet he's 5 inches long now and looks like he's an inch wide lol!

How do you post a video on here?

Reactions: Deadeye

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Been busy but the tank is doing great! It seems to have really settled in now, all the brown algae is gone and it's quite stable. Filter setup + wavemaker is working extremely well. Let it go 2 weeks and Nitrates were maybe at the absolute most 20 PPM. Even after 2 weeks I turned everything off before a water change and really stirred up the substrate (out of curiosity) with a handheld wave maker and barely anything came up into the water column.

The Oscar is a freak, I bet he's 5 inches long now and looks like he's an inch wide lol!

How do you post a video on here?
I think YouTube links are the easiest way, I don’t know how well embedded videos work.

Reactions: Kustrud

Kustrud

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2023
Thanks for checking! Just been SLAMMED with work/life and vacation lol. Tank is extremely healthy and happy! Fish growing well! Loving it! Same stocking all good!

1x Oscar
1x Firemout
1x Green Terror
1x Bichir
1x Featherfin Cat
4x Giant Danios
IMG_3612.jpeg
IMG_3610.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store