Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I showed this photo to my wife. She grunted and asked how much I spent on it.
7AC6BF80-AAA1-43F9-9739-441D6CD747C6.jpeg
I didn’t have a clue, but I suspect you’d need to hire the Calypso and the Glomar Explorer to go find even one.

I told her I was still negotiating the price.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lol, if I saw you posting that pic without any explanation, I would simply have complimented your beautiful welding job...:)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I showed this photo to my wife. She grunted and asked how much I spent on it.
View attachment 1545273
I didn’t have a clue, but I suspect you’d need to hire the Calypso and the Glomar Explorer to go find even one.

I told her I was still negotiating the price.
That is one sad looking coelacanth!

Chet E.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2021
Minnesota
I was in 5th grade reading Tolkien when a teacher came and took it from my hand. She told me to find some easier book. I picked up a book on coelacanth... then went back to Tolkien.

Reactions: Ulu

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
As a kid I remember having one of those sticker books where you received a couple of free stickers when purchasing gum. One particular book was on dinosaurs and I was that determined to complete the full set that every bit of spare change I had would go on chewing gum, lol.

The Coelacanth was portrayed on one of the stickers in the ocean section of the sticker book. They had a little write up on each animal and I remember the Coelacanth had quite a story to it. It was thought to have been extinct for 70 million years.....until divers started spotting them!!! The first sighting was back in 1938 and of course we now know they are very much still alive.

That Coelacanth sticker soon became my favourite one in the whole book.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store