Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was wondering how they put a price tag on the thing....I mean,how does one appraise a piece of chit?

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
I was wondering how they put a price tag on the thing....I mean,how does one appraise a piece of chit?
Probably just looked it up in the latest edition of The Brown Book Of Coprolite Values...

• Haha

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
It depends on the buyer; there are some millionaires that would buy a piece of sh** because they are pieces of sh** LOL

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Have you never heard of the famous saying...."one mans trash is another mans treasure".

Granted, we're taking it to the extreme here but there you go, lol.

• Haha

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
All I can say is...if I can ever locate a DIY fossilization kit for home use...I will be wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice...😁

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
All I can say is...if I can ever locate a DIY fossilization kit for home use...I will be wealthy beyond the dreams of avarice...😁
Lucrative indeed maybe....for us both! How's this for a joint business venture? You locate the home fossilisation kit that you speak of, and I'll supply copious amounts of my best quality snap offs for you to process, lol.

jjohnwm

MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Lucrative indeed maybe....for us both! How's this for a joint business venture? You locate the home fossilisation kit that you speak of, and I'll supply copious amounts of my best quality snap offs for you to process, lol.
Meh....as tempting as that might be :uhoh:...I don't think I would want to immediately flood the market with inexpensive imported product. I think that a solid domestic item, sourced and produced entirely here in the Great White North, would be the logical route for me to take. It would allow me to maintain complete control over materials and production techniques, allowing only the finest organic raw materials to be used. Quality first and foremost!

Now, as the market expands...well, who knows? Perhaps there will be room to diversify the product line-up, maybe with an inexpensive budget-level imported item such as you describe. True purist collectors will continue to gravitate towards the original premium model, but perhaps newbies to the coprolite-collecting world would feel more comfortable with a lower cash outlay at first.

Tell ya what, Esox: let's put this on the back burner for the time being and re-examine at a later date. Why don't you cobble together some kind of storage facility in your backyard or maybe your basement, and start collecting the un-processed product in the raw state? That way, when we finally ramp up production, we can jump right in with a...bang? Splash? Whatever...:)

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Why don't you cobble together some kind of storage facility in your backyard or maybe your basement,
If you listen to my wife she'll tell you I'm already on with that one, and have been for a number of years now! She's always asking when I'm going to stop filling the sheds and attic with sh*t!!!

Only this time, the new project we're both sinking our teeth into (unfortunate wording for sure, lol) will mean I'll be storing sh*t in the literal sense, lol.

• Haha

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
If you listen to my wife she'll tell you I'm already on with that one, and have been for a number of years now! She's always asking when I'm going to stop filling the sheds and attic with sh*t!!!

Only this time, the new project we're both sinking our teeth into (unfortunate wording for sure, lol) will mean I'll be storing sh*t in the literal sense, lol.
LOL!

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I am again sorry that I read this right before breakfast.

As for DIY fossils, we can make DIY “diamonds” so why not?

Assuming one imagines fossilized turds or common fossils of any nature are on everyone’s wish list.

A college professor once remarked to me, “If your biggest interest is making money, start a liquor store.”

Much less hit-and-miss, you know.

• Haha
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store