5200gal pond/tank

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
The temporary 4000gal is gone, time to upgrade permanently. Will be triple liner w (3) 4'x4'-1" acrylic windows and a 5'x28"-1" as well. Rays are in a 10' above ground pool in the other part of the garage for the time being. Been going for weeks already with the teardown and everything else. Hopefully I can have it up and running in the next week. Kicking my butt. LolResized_20240710_171640.jpgResized_20240710_171633.jpg

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thanks to you brother! The block is all laid already actually. Started filling it all w concrete today. Hopefully I did my math right and 92 bags that I'm hand mixing will get it all filled. Lol
Dang lol… i enjoy that ur not messin around tho and went right for the block. Smart decision that i hope lasts ya a lifetime 💀🤙

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
Dang lol… i enjoy that ur not messin around tho and went right for the block. Smart decision that i hope lasts ya a lifetime 💀🤙
That's what I'm hoping too. Kinda wishing I woulda just bought a slew of rectangular intex pools after all this though. Just joking...... lmao. Having money to hire a crew would be great as well.

Reactions: RyanScanner

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
What an awesome project this will be! I'm gonna be following along with bated breath...

I'm not sure if I am saddened that the tiny little house I retired into doesn't have the room for me to even consider a build like this...or maybe I'm relieved. :)

What's the deal with the shape? What is that little square offshoot on the left at the back? Is that going to be a separate partition? Filtration compartment? Or...? Did you pour the slab floor especially for this?

I snicker a bit at "build threads" that treat the filling of a 50-gallon tank and installing some sand and a filter as though it were a major construction project. And then...there's this! Walls of concrete blocks...bags of cement piled high...rebar...I'm tellin' ya, my fingers are starting to twitch. :)

Last edited:

Gpdriftwood

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
What an awesome project this will be! I'm gonna be following along with bated breath...

I'm not sure if I am saddened that the tiny little house I retired into doesn't have the room for me to even consider a build like this...or maybe I'm relieved. :)

What's the deal with the shape? What is that little square offshoot on the left at the back? Is that going to be a separate partition? Filtration compartment? Or...? Did you pour the slab floor especially for this?

I snicker a bit at "build threads" that treat the filling of a 50-gallon tank and installing some sand and a filter as though it were a major construction project. And then...there's this! Walls of concrete blocks...bags of cement piled high...rebar...I'm tellin' ya, my fingers are starting to twitch. :)
The shape is just the maximum space that the tank can occupy while allowing me to keep my auxiliary beer fridge in the room. Lol. It was gonna be 6500gal, but this footprint fit the room best. That section will be easier to section off if I need to separate females though as well. That section will also have a massive triangular corner platform on top that will hold the 300gal Rubbermaid pond-sump. Hopefully I can have everything up and running within the next week.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
4 days later..... that was too much work.
Lol, that's the problem with projects like this. It's great to have done them...but the reality of actually doing them often sucks big time. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store