need help with this issue

ryanstef

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Dear All,

Please help me 😢 Yesterday, this fish was eating well and there were no issues. Today, I noticed that its eye looks like this. I have no idea what happened. What should I do next? How can I save him? Please Help me

Last edited:

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Water parameters? Water change schedule? I guess aggression from the other p-bass. Separate and make sure it’s eating. Would dose some epsom salt 3tbsp per 5g and maracyn2 for now. Update as it goes.

ryanstef

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
Water parameters? Water change schedule? I guess aggression from the other p-bass. Separate and make sure it’s eating. Would dose some epsom salt 3tbsp per 5g and maracyn2 for now. Update as it goes.
The parameters are fine. Normally, I change about 1/4 of the water in the tank every 4-5 days.

thanks for the advice. will follow the steps and update you

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
To me, it looks like a bacterial infectioin, and the SDs have it too.

And, just posting the water parameters are "fine" is not a complete answer.

What is the GH, the KH, pH and nitrate, ...... these are actually answers that may be relevant to your particular situation.
If your pH is above 7.5, and GH and KH are elevated,
to me a 25% water change weekly may not be near enough.

If your water is hard and high pH, it may require a much more stringent water change schedule to ward of certain diseases that plague soft South American species in kept in hard water. Perhaps 50% or more twice per week.

In hard (or even neutral water), soft water species can be susceptable to to the ravages infections of elevated nitrate.

ryanstef

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022

i have tried to find maracyn2 in my area. but couldn't find it. my local seller told me " EIHO Furan Plus and EIHO Kana Plus " can use an alternative for maracyn2 .

To me, it looks like a bacterial infectioin, and the SDs have it too.

And, just posting the water parameters are "fine" is not a complete answer.

What is the GH, the KH, pH and nitrate, ...... these are actually answers that may be relevant to your particular situation.
If your pH is above 7.5, and GH and KH are elevated,
to me a 25% water change weekly may not be near enough.

If your water is hard and high pH, it may require a much more stringent water change schedule to ward of certain diseases that plague soft South American species in kept in hard water. Perhaps 50% or more twice per week.

In hard (or even neutral water), soft water species can be susceptable to to the ravages infections of elevated nitrate.
thanks for your valuable info. here are the test results. when the time I checked the water did not have any issue. but after all said to check again. I did the recheck. some parameters seems changed.

in the area I live, we are having heavy rain.

results

1 drop

2 drops

( sorry for my bad English )

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Can do kanamycin for now.

Reactions: ryanstef

ryanstef

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
once again thanks to all 🙏

here's the progress ( 24/06/2024 )

for a better look, the video

*** updates ***

I moved them into their new tank. 25/06/2024

They still seem a bit scared when they see me. 😐

Reactions: bassinmike85

ryanstef

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2022
here's the update date 31/08/2024

It seems his eye has recovered, and his appetite for fresh foods has also returned. Now, I'm concerned about the other one, who lags behind him with a sunken belly. His appetite is not good as other one. I tried also give live feed but not much interest. But chasing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store