Gymnothorax Polyuranodon Aggression

tongolino10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
I have two tiger morays, around 1ft each. The smaller of which attacks the larger one at random times and it seems to be unrelated to feeding aggression. I do not observe any wounds on the larger moray but it does seem distressed and tries its best to avoid the smaller one.

Is there any way I can combat this aggressive behaviour? How common are such displays of aggression among tiger morays?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have two tiger morays, around 1ft each. The smaller of which attacks the larger one at random times and it seems to be unrelated to feeding aggression. I do not observe any wounds on the larger moray but it does seem distressed and tries its best to avoid the smaller one.

Is there any way I can combat this aggressive behaviour? How common are such displays of aggression among tiger morays?
Do you have hides for them if not add a couple of pvc pipes . Place one on opposite sides of the aquarium. If that doesn't help you'll have to rehome one of the moray.

tongolino10

Exodon
MFK Member
May 26, 2023
Do you have hides for them if not add a couple of pvc pipes . Place one on opposite sides of the aquarium. If that doesn't help you'll have to rehome one of the moray.
Yes I do have hides for them. Right now I'm putting a partition between them because the bigger one seems to like to share hides with the smaller one despite there being two separate hides

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Yes I do have hides for them. Right now I'm putting a partition between them because the bigger one seems to like to share hides with the smaller one despite there being two separate hides
Hopefully someone chimes in with a solution. I personally have had moray eel's but they were solo.

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Ive only ever had them solo I cannot imagine them being aggressive .

I'd try the extra hide holes and feed at opposite ends perhaps

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store