hi i have got a 15 gallon tropical fish tank i was just wondering if anyone knew about some fish eating fish that could go in there

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
That's not much of a post, is it?
Yeah i agree. At first i thought it was a bot.
S SHAMZY you need to provide more info on your tank like the already existing fish, water chemistry, etc.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
What are the dimensions of the tank?
You’re really not going to find many piscivores that will do well in so small a tank, but it doesn’t mean that there aren’t other predatory options.
Bettas, dwarf puffers, African dwarf frogs, and golden wonder killifish all come to mind (none of these should be mixed together). There’s scorpionfish options, but they can be very tricky to feed.

There are few predatory fish that actually require live feedings to survive. Do you want a predator just to watch it kill other fish, or do you want it because you actually are fascinated by the fish itself.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
You can try Belonesox belizanus…Predatory Fins had them in stock a while back. They are piscivorous and nasty and don’t get too big

Rougarou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022
Lol, here's yet another recipe for disaster. Next question will be: "I have two Oscars, an Arrowanna, two Delhezi's, and a Pleco, in my 15 gallon tank and they appear to be dying. What could be the problem?" It's the natural progression of the question.

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Lol, here's yet another recipe for disaster. Next question will be: "I have two Oscars, an Arrowanna, two Delhezi's, and a Pleco, in my 15 gallon tank and they appear to be dying. What could be the problem?" It's the natural progression of the question.
The OP was wise enough to first ask advice on this forum, so i doubt he will make a decision of stuffing large fish into small tanks. Most of time people stuff their tanks with inappropriate fish, encounter losses and then come here asking for help. But as you can see, OP is different. Hopefully he won't do such aa thing, so i advice you do not mock him.

Rougarou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022
The OP was wise enough to first ask advice on this forum, so i doubt he will make a decision of stuffing large fish into small tanks. Most of time people stuff their tanks with inappropriate fish, encounter losses and then come here asking for help. But as you can see, OP is different. Hopefully he won't do such aa thing, so i advice you do not mock him.
I agree, the response was harsh. I've been at this for a long time, and if I've learned anything when asked questions like this one, it's that when someone is determined to have carnivorous fish(or any other type of fish with specialized needs), they're having them regardless of the conditions they'll be kept in. Every time. It's the equivalent of saying "I want a snake, I've never had one, and I want a Monocled Cobra. How do I not get Bitten?" There's a difference between seeking advice, and seeking validation. This question sounds typical of the latter, not the former. And as a result, an intelligent, sentient creature will suffer needlessly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store