hi i have got a 15 gallon tropical fish tank i was just wondering if anyone knew about some fish eating fish that could go in there

SHAMZY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2024
Lol, here's yet another recipe for disaster. Next question will be: "I have two Oscars, an Arrowanna, two Delhezi's, and a Pleco, in my 15 gallon tank and they appear to be dying. What could be the problem?" It's the natural progression of the question.
if you read my question you would know i was asking for advice not validation

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SHAMZY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2024
The OP was wise enough to first ask advice on this forum, so i doubt he will make a decision of stuffing large fish into small tanks. Most of time people stuff their tanks with inappropriate fish, encounter losses and then come here asking for help. But as you can see, OP is different. Hopefully he won't do such aa thing, so i advice you do not mock him.
THANK YOU :newbie:

SHAMZY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2024
I agree, the response was harsh. I've been at this for a long time, and if I've learned anything when asked questions like this one, it's that when someone is determined to have carnivorous fish(or any other type of fish with specialized needs), they're having them regardless of the conditions they'll be kept in. Every time. It's the equivalent of saying "I want a snake, I've never had one, and I want a Monocled Cobra. How do I not get Bitten?" There's a difference between seeking advice, and seeking validation. This question sounds typical of the latter, not the former. And as a result, an intelligent, sentient creature will suffer needlessly.
I MEAN IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW OF ANY SMALL PISCIVORES JUST SAY SO INSTEAD OF TAKING THE MICK OUT OF ME

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Ok calm down everyone, it’s obvious to the experienced people that shamzy is new so we need to keep that in mind while talking to them. Instead of the sometimes brash responses we use with each other who know better we need to go with a gentler approach that will help instead of discourage them.

R Rougarou I see your point and do agree with your point of view but until he makes a move towards that path he’s innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt.

S SHAMZY I apologize for some of the less than stellar responses you’ve received up until this point, those responses come from a place of care and respect towards the animals that we care for that are entirely at our mercy.

Unfortunately a 15 gallon is on the small end of the scale when it comes to what you’re looking for in terms of occupants, would an upgrade to a bigger tank be possible? A 40 breeder or 60 breeder would really open you up to a nice handful of possibilities. Besides being able to eat live foods what else are you looking for in the inhabitant(s)? Solo, schooling, aggressive, peaceful, colorful, active, etc?

I mean no offense when I ask this but can you tell us how much experience with keeping fish you have? Knowing that will help us to better help you and there’s nothing wrong with being brand new as we all were new at one point. Welcome to the site comrade.

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
The only way I can see a piscivore in a 15-gallon is to use it as a growout tank and upgrade it significantly to hold a much larger fish. Can you do a larger tank like fishhead0103666 fishhead0103666 mentioned above?

Also, welcome to the fun group!

Reactions: AR1

SHAMZY

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2024
Ok calm down everyone, it’s obvious to the experienced people that shamzy is new so we need to keep that in mind while talking to them. Instead of the sometimes brash responses we use with each other who know better we need to go with a gentler approach that will help instead of discourage them.

R Rougarou I see your point and do agree with your point of view but until he makes a move towards that path he’s innocent until proven guilty beyond a shadow of doubt.

S SHAMZY I apologize for some of the less than stellar responses you’ve received up until this point, those responses come from a place of care and respect towards the animals that we care for that are entirely at our mercy.

Unfortunately a 15 gallon is on the small end of the scale when it comes to what you’re looking for in terms of occupants, would an upgrade to a bigger tank be possible? A 40 breeder or 60 breeder would really open you up to a nice handful of possibilities. Besides being able to eat live foods what else are you looking for in the inhabitant(s)? Solo, schooling, aggressive, peaceful, colorful, active, etc?

I mean no offense when I ask this but can you tell us how much experience with keeping fish you have? Knowing that will help us to better help you and there’s nothing wrong with being brand new as we all were new at one point. Welcome to the site comrade.
hi im 12 years old and have been doing fish since i was seven and i have around 8 fish tanks that are around 125 gallons being the smallest and 200 being the largest so i do have experience i have just got my hands on a 15 gallon from a relative and i wanted to get something in there i could use it as a grow out but would prefer something that could live in there forever and most of the fish in these tanks are huge so small fish are a bit of a grey area for me

Last edited:
Reactions: AR1

Rougarou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022

^^^^Gets it^^^^

Rougarou

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2022
hi im 12 years old and have been doing fish since i was seven and i have around 8 fish tanks that are around 125 gallons being the smallest and 200 being the largest so i do have experience i have just got my hands on a 15 gallon from a relative and i wanted to get something in there i could use it as a grow out but would prefer something that could live in there forever and most of the fish in these tanks are huge so small fish are a bit of a grey area for me
Ok SHAMZY, this information puts things in a different light. As a result, I'll break the first rule of the internet, and sincerely apologize for being rough on you. But it stands as a lesson as to why some information is important in the OP. If the apology is accepted, tell us what specifically about running a smaller tank you're struggling with. I'd be more than happy to help, if I can, as will everyone else I'm sure. Again, my apologies.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That’s quite impressive, it’s off topic but can I see some pictures of your tanks and the stock list? I’d love to see them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store