SMF6000 EASYPRO DELUX Skid Mounted Filter System - Install Assistance

Anastasia2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2023
I recently purchased the SMF6000 EASYPRO DELUX Skid Mounted Filter System for an indoor pond. I am seeking assistance regarding installation. Although it is a plug-and-play system, it is far from intuitive; definitely out of my element a little here :(. Disappointed at the support from the manufacturer, they were not helpful at all. I need to ensure that the initial setup is correct and appreciate any advice , or know of someone in the Northern NJ area that can make a house call to provide assistance with set-up. We also purchased an in-line heater (manufacture recommended) to add to the setup.

Ironically, in a world where Social Media rules, they do not have one YouTube or manufacturer videos on this filter, the installation or maintenance. I called EasyPro directly before purchase and and they confirmed it was a simple install, self explanatory, and said plenty of instructions are available. They provided the product spec sheets but they are confusing as heck. Moreover, they recommended that I call a general plumber to help with the PVC (LOL, really). I am concerned about a general plumber's knowledge of pond filtration overall.

I appreciate any advice, I know that a lot of you DIY folks go through hell to get to your intended destination. Looking to leverage some of your wisdom!

Thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filter 1.GIF

heater.GIF

Reactions: AR1

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
I've never been a hands-on diy person, a little ashamed to say that 95% of the time I've always paid someone to do any type of work needing to be done. Though I did plan out and install all the plumbing in my new 750 gallon setup last month, so I'm really proud about that. First time for me.

Having said that, I also searched youtube for any EasyPro SMF6000 setup/installation videos but didn't find any. The closest thing I found was the below video. After watching the video while also looking at different views of your filter, I think it might actually be a help if I was the one needing to install your filter. But I'm pretty sure I would also call for a plumber who has some experience with pond filters to come and assist with the setup.

Hopefully one of the more knowlegeable persons here will come along and offer some more advice.

Pond filter setup video

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Installation vary from pond to pond.
Is it an above ground pond or in ground?
How far is the pump away from the pond?
The pump typically pull water from bottom drain(s) with or without skimmer.

The filter system appears to have one suction and two returns. Plus one waste outlet on the bead filter for backwashing.

Anastasia2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2023
Installation vary from pond to pond.
Is it an above ground pond or in ground?
How far is the pump away from the pond?
The pump typically pull water from bottom drain(s) with or without skimmer.

The filter system appears to have one suction and two returns. Plus one waste outlet on the bead filter for backwashing.
Above ground, indoor. The filter is next to the pond, about 1-2 feet. As for drain, I would rely on the expertise of the installer, I had to breakdown and get a pro to install. On my next project I will hopefully be somewhat of an expert (I can only wish). I plan on recording this install to help others that may have this same question.
Very expensive project/hobby... But I love my monsters!!!

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Anastasia2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2023
Suggest you look up pond cleaning/build contractors in your area.

The air stir bead filter should provide quite good results.
I did, I broke down and hired a pond pro. As stated in another reply I will watch closely, record this project and see if I can post to Youtube. I aspire to be a pro for my next project :). Thanks for the reply!

fishdance

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Practical experience is invaluable and the best way to get the most value out of your filtration.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store