Whale season

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Love whale season. My parents live on North Stradbroke Island in Queensland, Australia. It is on the migratory path of the humpback whales between Antarctica & Hervey Bay where they birth their calves. When they go past Straddie, they are often easily spotted of the cliffs & headland surfacing for air, tail slapping and breeching. A magnificent sight. The only catch is that the great whites follow them up from the cooler southern waters in the effort to snack on a few calves, so the swimming risk does slightly increase around that time of year :WHOA:

Reactions: tlindsey

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
How big a tank do i need to keep one? I think i could get away with a 55 gallon😁
Lol, I was just limbering up my muscular digits to type the exact same thing! :ROFL:

duanes duanes , what happened to the obligatory close-up shot of your hand with a couple of test tubes in it? :)

Caperguy99

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
Are they humpbacks?

I remember seeing a pod of them breaching when I was on a whale-watching tour at 14 years old with my father off the coast of Newfoundland. I remember seeing them underwater was so eerie - they were bigger than our boat!

I was scared, although I never would have admitted it at the time. They were just so big!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
what happened to the obligatory close-up shot of your hand with a couple of test tubes in it?
I think he spotted a great white patrolling the area and thought it best if he kept his arms!!!

How big a tank do i need to keep one? I think i could get away with a 55 gallon
Oh, here we go, someone dragging a serious thread down with crazy remarks! I think a 120 would be better, but you'd sure have to give the decor a miss! Lol.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Oh, here we go, someone dragging a serious thread down with crazy remarks! I think a 120 would be better, but you'd sure have to give the decor a miss! Lol.
Surely 1 sunken harpoon boat would be ok? :uhoh:

• Haha
Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store