Fly River Turtle Fungus on flipper?

Rawrs.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
New York City
Not sure what exactly this is but it’s been growing. Looks like some sort of fungal on the flipper, any thoughts or remedies? Water parameters are fine no issues..

IMG_2452.jpeg

IMG_2453.jpeg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Not sure about turtles too much but I’d dab or soak the area with hydrogen peroxide.

Reactions: tlindsey and AR1

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
ACRIFLAVINE 15-20 minute soak every 2 days. This is a fungal issue, pristine, warm water at a high PH 8.0-8.5, marine salt and bring it up to pretty much brackish conditions .004-.005. These turtles get brought in at a small size in mass amounts and the conditions they get shipped over in are just terrible, but when a turtle costs $25 and you can resell them at a much much higher price, people won't care. If you feel like that's not working after about 2 weeks or it gets worse, you can attempt to use betadine, let it dry on the area before putting the turtle back in the tank. Personally, if it got worse I'd take it to a vet. But, if you do all of the above, you'll see good improvement quickly, just hope the fungal infection didn't go too deep.

Rawrs.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
New York City
ACRIFLAVINE 15-20 minute soak every 2 days. This is a fungal issue, pristine, warm water at a high PH 8.0-8.5, marine salt and bring it up to pretty much brackish conditions .004-.005. These turtles get brought in at a small size in mass amounts and the conditions they get shipped over in are just terrible, but when a turtle costs $25 and you can resell them at a much much higher price, people won't care. If you feel like that's not working after about 2 weeks or it gets worse, you can attempt to use betadine, let it dry on the area before putting the turtle back in the tank. Personally, if it got worse I'd take it to a vet. But, if you do all of the above, you'll see good improvement quickly, just hope the fungal infection didn't go too deep.
Owe you big time! Thanks

Reactions: AR1

Eelkeeper301

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2021

Reactions: AR1 and kno4te

Rawrs.

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
New York City
Not sure about turtles too much but I’d dab or soak the area with hydrogen peroxide.
Funny enough, I ordered the medication milkman suggested which got stuck in shipping so I decided to try your hydrogen peroxide approach. Soaked the flipper for 30 mins every 2 days along with pristine water and raising PH and Temp like milkman suggested and I think it might’ve healed!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store