Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I picked up a new aquarium and I was wondering if this is an ok setup for life

1 delhezi bichir
1 albino senegal bichir
1 pseudopimelodus bufonius
The jelly cat might eat the bichirs if they aren't big enough. Perhaps consider something less predatory like a striped raphael catfish or Featherfin Squeaker.

Reactions: tlindsey

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
I have them sperated currently but the bichirs grow faster than the pseudopimelodus bufonius
I don't personally have experience with these fish, so I honestly have no idea how this would work out, but from just a common fish sense standpoint and what I've heard and read about them, jelly cats are pretty predatory, so be careful and be prepared to take action if something goes wrong. Good luck!

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Maybe Yellowcat Yellowcat can help out
He hasn't been that active recently. I have also mentioned him in a few posts but he hasn't replied.
what about thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Size wise, yes, I'd think these 3 fish that grow only to about 1 foot should be ok in a standard 75 4x2x2-. Compatibility? I'm nor sure. Bichirs are highly unpalatable, so the cat may leave them alone. I'd not be surprised if it tried.

Lazybum34

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2024
Size wise, yes, I'd think these 3 fish that grow only to about 1 foot should be ok in a standard 75 4x2x2-. Compatibility? I'm nor sure. Bichirs are highly unpalatable, so the cat may leave them alone. I'd not be surprised if it tried.
I just moved the catfish to the 75 gallon with the 2 oscars while the oscars are growing out once the bichirs are big enough I'll move them to

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store