Frozen Food

CrunchyLobster123

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2020
Alberta Canada
Depends on the size of Texas, while the texas is young both them and the angels would do well with brine and Mysis shrimp once the tex grows krill would be great and if you want to mix the diet even further potentially silversides, squid, mussels, tilapia, shrimp, etc, as a once in a while treat would work I mix these with various greens and veggies for my tex along with some good quality cichlid pellets. Personally don't like bloodworms and wouldn't feed or recommend them.

HUKIT

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Chicagoland
I buy the 1lb flat sheets of Krill from Hikari for all my larger centrals and the smaller cubes for my cryptoheros sized fish.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
I'm a deer hunter, and when I had discus I used to feed them pure deer heart. I would trim the sinew & valves out, freeze small chunks of pure meat, and use a parmesan cheese grater and turn it into "blood worm" sized squiggles. My discus tore it up! Deer heart is very lean, more so than beef heart, so a great & clean source of high protein feed!

troublesum

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2007
Astoria, NY
I'm a deer hunter, and when I had discus I used to feed them pure deer heart. I would trim the sinew & valves out, freeze small chunks of pure meat, and use a parmesan cheese grater and turn it into "blood worm" sized squiggles. My discus tore it up! Deer heart is very lean, more so than beef heart, so a great & clean source of high protein feed!
I dont think Dawn is going deer hunting

DawnMichele

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
lol, maybe not, but maybe she knows someone who hunts? Most hunter discard the heart but it’s good clean & lean protein for her Texas and angels!
Hello. No hunting for me. I live in the country and I feed them everyday. I have about 30 that come to my property and eat and rest. They are pets to me. I appreciate your info.

DawnMichele

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Depends on the size of Texas, while the texas is young both them and the angels would do well with brine and Mysis shrimp once the tex grows krill would be great and if you want to mix the diet even further potentially silversides, squid, mussels, tilapia, shrimp, etc, as a once in a while treat would work I mix these with various greens and veggies for my tex along with some good quality cichlid pellets. Personally don't like bloodworms and wouldn't feed or recommend them.
Thanks for the info I appreciate it. 🙂

Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store