fire red oscar

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
I would pay it, don't know if others would. Now that I am in the Philippines I can get them directly so seriously thinking of a solo in a 6x2x2
Thanks Jexnell Jexnell I have a 5' 112gal, but I was actually wondering if when big enough if a pair would be ok tank mates in my 560gal with a trio of rays :stingray::stingray::stingray:

Reactions: AR1

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
I don't know what to make of all this. On one hand we have threads berrating these various totally unnatural colour morphs, saying they aren't good for the hobby.

And then on the other hand we have threads promoting them! Not having a go at you personally danotaylor danotaylor , not one bit. I'm just generalising.

We seem to be getting mixed messages on the forum regarding all these, what some hobbyists would refer to as, totally unnatural monstrosities.

As for the fish in question? I'd have a natural tiger oscar over that anyday of the week.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
I used to be a total purist when it came to what I kept. Preserve the gene pool. Over the past 40 years in the hobby SO much has changed. Some things for the better, some not 🤷‍♂️

I blame Jexnell Jexnell for this rabbit trail at work tonight...I saw his beautiful Lutino Oscar and started searching oscars. Never had the desire to keep an oscar in my 40 years because they are big, clumbsy & messy fish. But times change! And what can I say, my wife likes bright red fish, and I like to keep her interested :thumbsup:

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Thanks Jexnell Jexnell I have a 5' 112gal, but I was actually wondering if when big enough if a pair would be ok tank mates in my 560gal with a trio of rays :stingray::stingray::stingray:
O don't see why they wouldn't be ok. I have seen rays kept with 20+in Peacock bass so should be fine with some oscars.

Reactions: danotaylor

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
These ain't so bad as glo fish. Just line breed and feed a color enhancing food as far as I know. Now if they are dyed or as mentioned the pictures adjusted then grr. But these super reds been around for a few years now. Back when I had Toni I grabed this pic as a future fish I wanted.

images-1.jpeg

Reactions: danotaylor
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store