Hart1985

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
exeter devon
Hi everyone I've been making a dream tank 2640ltrs
580 UK gallons
697 us gallons
I'm going to be running an aqua evolution easy pod for filtration.
I'm also going to be running a drip water exchange unit off of this. Around 11ltrs per hour.
Can anyone recommend what sort of hma filter I should be using will be dropped straight into tank.

17260648685869135665886919624511.jpg

Milingu

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Can anyone recommend what sort of hma filter I should be using will be dropped straight into tank.
I would go with a closed cartridge filter, or if you want to stick with an HMF, put the HMF in a box.

Although HMFs are really good at biological filtration and filtering fine suspended particles, their ability to suck in larger solid wastes is very limited due to the large surface area and associated slow flow.

Rays can produce a lot of solid waste that you don't want to leave lying around in your aquarium.

The box makes it possible to increase the flow speed to the filter via the size of the inlets and still use all the advantages of a slow flow within the filter mat. In addition you can also install an overflow in the box, which acts as a surface skimmer.

Hart1985

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2012
exeter devon
I would go with a closed cartridge filter, or if you want to stick with an HMF, put the HMF in a box.

Although HMFs are really good at biological filtration and filtering fine suspended particles, their ability to suck in larger solid wastes is very limited due to the large surface area and associated slow flow.

Rays can produce a lot of solid waste that you don't want to leave lying around in your aquarium.

The box makes it possible to increase the flow speed to the filter via the size of the inlets and still use all the advantages of a slow flow within the filter mat. In addition you can also install an overflow in the box, which acts as a surface skimmer.
The HMA filter is only for the drip system fresh water

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store