What to feed new Mouth Almighty and Datnoid, and Knifefish ID?

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
Heres a dif colored Khaki,
View attachment 1496354
Although yellowly, orangy, and redy colors and peids turn up in different catchments.
That looks sick! What catchments are they in? If they are in the cairns region, I’ll have to see if I could get my mate to catch one for me.

qldmick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2016
Australia
My book says,
"A pale yellow body color has been observed by us in the Tully River and this pattern may be associated with breeding. Populations of H. tulliensis in the Daintree River contain many individuals with an orange-red body coloration."

I gotta check a fishing book I have as I know there is a pied one in there.

qldmick

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2016
Australia
Here's the pics from a very old book, the Encyclopedia of Australian Fishing.
They are listed as Sooties but most people just assume that Khaki grunters are Sooties.
IMG_20220601_154043 - Copyresize.jpg
IMG_20220601_154047 - Copyresize.jpg

Friller2009

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2021
Australia
How big do mouth almighty get. That’s a neat fish
Anything bigger than 25cm is a huge mouth almighty. They are super neat mate. Awesome fish, basically mini barramundi. Should Ben getting one soon for my tank, just gotta let my catfish grow to a non swallowable size. (20cm)

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Anything bigger than 25cm is a huge mouth almighty. They are super neat mate. Awesome fish, basically mini barramundi. Should Ben getting one soon for my tank, just gotta let my catfish grow to a non swallowable size. (20cm)
What’s the minimum tank size for one of them? I’ll be setting up another tank here soon and would love one of these. I gotta clean my room and measure to find out what size tank I’ll be getting first but hopefully it’ll be big enough for one of these guys.

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Any updates on your dat Fallen_Leaves16 Fallen_Leaves16
Didn't expect to see this two-year-old thread resurrected, lol.
Started wasting away, so I sacrificed a CRS colony to it, only for the fish to die after developing ich two days after consuming the last female.

• Sad
Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Didn't expect to see this two-year-old thread resurrected, lol.
Started wasting away, so I sacrificed a CRS colony to it, only for the fish to die after developing ich two days after consuming the last female.
I was browsing through some past threads when I stumbled upon this one. I noticed that many members who post about their new fish are no longer active, but since you're still here, I thought I'd ask about your Dat.

Sorry for your loss, by the way. Have you considered getting a new one?

Reactions: Fallen_Leaves16

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
I was browsing through some past threads when I stumbled upon this one. I noticed that many members who post about their new fish are no longer active, but since you're still here, I thought I'd ask about your Dat.

Sorry for your loss, by the way. Have you considered getting a new one?
Not really; I don't have much of a desire to keep larger fish nowadays.
Was offered some small microlepis and undecimradiatus last year at wholesale prices, but I turned it down.

Might slowly be backing off from the hobby altogether, though it's still too early to tell yet.

• Sad
Reactions: AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store