What wrong with my EBJD

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
I tried to take some pics but couldn’t get any great ones at the moments.

Sometimes if the scales or slime coat are damaged it can alter the color.
Thank you for that tidbit that’s quite interesting. How could another cichlid damage the slime coat? Would that be caused by pushing? I feel like if he was bit by something it would show teeth marks right?

IMG_7282.jpeg

IMG_7281.jpeg

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
I don't see any missing or raised scales. Could be a slime coat issue. Is there any fin damage? Usually if other cichlids are harassing there will be split fins. If the fish is otherwise behaving normally it may just be its normal colors. EBJDs are all over the place with patterns.

Americancichlidsaredabest

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
Sorry to hear about the fish. Don't beat yourself up to much. EBJD are not very hardy in my experience.
Sorry for your loss, but likr D dmyersWv said EBJD are not hardy fish and have terrible health as they get older
Yeah I’ve always heard they weren’t the hardiest but I’ve just been crossing my fingers mine were good ones. I probably should’ve left him quarantined little longer.

Reactions: anzo1993

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Yeah I’ve always heard they weren’t the hardiest but I’ve just been crossing my fingers mine were good ones. I probably should’ve left him quarantined little longer.
So sorry for your loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store