What are the breed of these 2 stingrays?

For 1000 sgd worth getting?

• yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dragonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2024
I am unable to identify either of the type of stingrays, i was told that the second one is a albino black diamond by a shop keeper but it seemed different from the pictures i had seen online and i have no clue about the first one so if sm1 could help me identify them i would really appreciate it

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Welcome to MFK!
danotaylor danotaylor
wednesday13 wednesday13

Reactions: Dragonic

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Vidalia, Georgia/ Brooklet, Georgia
The second picture showcases an Albino Black Diamond Stingray **(the one in the back)**. I, also, am unable to identify the stingray in the first picture. Could possibly be a hybrid of some sort, but I'm not sure.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I am unable to identify either of the type of stingrays, i was told that the second one is a albino black diamond by a shop keeper but it seemed different from the pictures i had seen online and i have no clue about the first one so if sm1 could help me identify them i would really appreciate it
There both hybrids… who knows of what for sure. 2nd one looks to have some motoro in it… If you like the look of them and think the price is appropriate for ur budget go for it… $500 a piece seems fairly average for lower grade albinos these days.

Dragonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2024
There both hybrids… who knows of what for sure. 2nd one looks to have some motoro in it… If you like the look of them and think the price is appropriate for ur budget go for it… $500 a piece seems fairly average for lower grade albinos these days.
i see... also since i am not looking for breeding should i only get male since i am worried about aggression related to breeding and i dont have many other tanks to transfer them to if there was such problems or would there be no such issues

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
$1K SGD = $775USD. Not sure about the market in Singapore, but that would be a good price here for albinos.
I agree w wednesday13 wednesday13 that they’re hybrids. How old are they? Disc width?
Breeding aggression is dependent on the temperament of the male. My male BD hybrid is persistent but not aggressive towards the 2 females.
How big is your tank?

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi, I live in Singapore too. IMO, don’t think it is worth it at all. If it was an albino bd ray, perhaps it would be worth. But since it’s a hybrid I don’t think so. You can buy pure albino pearls from aquarium shops for $280. If you go on telegram channels, you might find even better deals as well.

IMG_7064.png

Reactions: danotaylor

Dragonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2024
$1K SGD = $775USD. Not sure about the market in Singapore, but that would be a good price here for albinos.
I agree w wednesday13 wednesday13 that they’re hybrids. How old are they? Disc width?
Breeding aggression is dependent on the temperament of the male. My male BD hybrid is persistent but not aggressive towards the 2 females.
How big is your tank?
i have 6x2.5x2.5 rn, is that big enough to mitigate aggression and i am not sure abt the age but the rays are around 14 inches and 8 inches respectively

Dragonic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2024
Hi, I live in Singapore too. IMO, don’t think it is worth it at all. If it was an albino bd ray, perhaps it would be worth. But since it’s a hybrid I don’t think so. You can buy pure albino pearls from aquarium shops for $280. If you go on telegram channels, you might find even better deals as well.

View attachment 1549394
could you send the the telegram invite links for such channels and yeah i was getting an offer for an albino arowana(2.5 feet) and those 2 rays for around 850 sgd and i wasnt sure if it was worth the price

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store