September 2024 POTM - Vote Now!

Vote Now!

Results are only viewable after voting.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
It looks to me like someone has taken a photo of a fish from a fish store, and is trying to pass it off as their own!!

Unless of course they own the fish store, which would mean, technically, that the fish is theirs until they sell it.

Either way, what do the rules say regarding this?

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
It looks to me like someone has taken a photo of a fish from a fish store, and is trying to pass it off as their own!!

Unless of course they own the fish store, which would mean, technically, that the fish is theirs until they sell it.

Absolutely! Someone is indeed trying to pass this subterfuge off in a friendly, casual contest here on MFK.

It's either that, or...someone has their fish tank in the centre of the room, and also owns one heck of collection of dry fish food.

I will give someone the benefit of the doubt and assume this isn't technically against the rules. I doubt they specifically demand that the picture-taker actually owns the fish...but...ah, hell, I don't care enough to even bother checking.

Maybe someone will pipe up and clarify this...? :)

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023

That snakehead belonged to me, which i recently gave away. This was the last pic i took, at its new quarantine tank.

EDIT: Quite shocked at the way you two are addressing to me lol

Last edited:

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I don’t mind a photo at the lfs or an aquarium - as long as it’s your own photo
TBH, the only reason I submitted this pic was because it’s the last memory I’ll ever have of it. I thought if I won, it would make for a memorable moment.

If it is against the rules then i am willing to withdraw from the competition.

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store