Can Oscars max out at 9"-10"?

Jonnyakawombell

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2010
durham
Hi I rescued 2 tiger Oscars about 6 months ago living in a 55g in not so great condition's, anyway they now live in my 420g and are kept in good conditions and fed well, I really like them as they both have fantastic personally, the only thing is they haven't grown at all since I've got them there still around 9" -10" but very chunky to be fair, so as the title says can Oscars just max out at that size? The other Oscars I've kept in the past would normally get to around 12" maybe even slightly bigger, many thanks.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Sinister-Kisses

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2022
BC, Canada
NATURALLY - not very likely, no. They naturally get significantly larger than that. However, being crammed into a much, MUCH too small tank as they were will cause stunting, and if they were there for very long they might just be permanently "disfigured" and stay small. Poor fish, I can't stand people who do cram fish into way too small tanks. Good on you for rescuing them.

SilverArowanaBoi

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hi I rescued 2 tiger Oscars about 6 months ago living in a 55g in not so great condition's, anyway they now live in my 420g and are kept in good conditions and fed well, I really like them as they both have fantastic personally, the only thing is they haven't grown at all since I've got them there still around 9" -10" but very chunky to be fair, so as the title says can Oscars just max out at that size? The other Oscars I've kept in the past would normally get to around 12" maybe even slightly bigger, many thanks.
Oscars, when properly taken care of, can max closer to 14-15 in. 9-10 is small.

Reactions: cockroach and AR1

dmyersWv

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2022
With out knowing age and previous care, they may be full grown. I'm sure they are much happier in there new tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store