White spots on dinosaur bichir

manfromatlantis

Feeder Fish
Sep 20, 2024
I have my dinosaur bichir and changed the water about 6 weeks ago and noticed my bichir has multiple white spots on its dorsal fin. He's not been very active and seems to hide most of the time. He's hardly eaten any of the foods provided (prior to seeing the spots- he was very very active and swimming). I need to know what is safe to help my bichir.
I've done the salt in the water, emailed the temperature to 86 but the white spots (looks like cotton) is becoming more.
Need to know what to do to save him. AND ideas for tank mates. He's not had tank Mayes for almost 6 months.

1000007002.jpg

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Welcome to MFK!

It looks like some sort of fungal infection, but I’m not entirely sure. A clearer picture and tank parameters would definitely help.

Tagging someone who can assist: kno4te kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Maybe some scrapes and fungal infection. Weekly water changes as mentioned and can add some salt 1tsp per g. Should clear up if not then try hydrogen peroxide apply to area with qtip and dose api fungus cure. Should clear up but gotta increase your wate change frequency.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have my dinosaur bichir and changed the water about 6 weeks ago and noticed my bichir has multiple white spots on its dorsal fin. He's not been very active and seems to hide most of the time. He's hardly eaten any of the foods provided (prior to seeing the spots- he was very very active and swimming). I need to know what is safe to help my bichir.
I've done the salt in the water, emailed the temperature to 86 but the white spots (looks like cotton) is becoming more.
Need to know what to do to save him. AND ideas for tank mates. He's not had tank Mayes for almost 6 months.

View attachment 1549619
Welcome aboard

Reactions: kno4te and AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store