600 gallon acrylic tear down and rebuild or roll the dice?

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Gotta love a nice unexpected bonus!!! 😁 😁 I was not thrilled about having to put the center brace on top of all the other braces but it actually works out well for the lids. The six lids all slip nicely under the center brace in the back so no need to put any more weight in the center of the tank to hold the lids down for the froggy Arowana 😎😎😎🤟

IMG_20240914_195630838.jpg

IMG_20240914_195612226.jpg

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Seachem resin bags in case I get any tannins from the wood, biohouse media, Sera siporax and lava rocks all transferred from a well established tank. It will take some fine tuning of course to get everything perfect but I am almost at the finish line!!!!!

Reactions: gangster

bluehand

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2010
Yorktown Indiana
Now the dilemma..... All along I had full intentions of keeping my Oscars and arowana both in this tank. With that said I have heard stories of Oscars killing much larger arowana so now I'm kind of nervous about putting them together because I love my arowana!!! This tank was built for the him pretty much. My arowana is now roughly 13 to 14 inches and the three Oscar that I plan to put with him now are roughly 5 inches. With the large footprint of the tank I would like to think it would be fine but I have never housed these two species together so was just looking for a little advice from someone with more experience than I lol.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store