SLS_23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2018
Czech Republic
Have you tested your water?
No
If I did not test my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be asked to do a test, and that water tests are critical for solving freshwater health problems.
Do you do water changes?
Yes
What percentage of water do you change?
21-30%
How frequently do you change your water?
Every two weeks
If I do not change my water...
...I recognize that I will likely be recommended to do a water change, and water changes are critical for preventing future freshwater health problems.
Hello, I'd like to ask. 2 of my fish lost one eye each tonight. I'd like to ask, what about it? They are very active fish and they chase each other all the time. Did they do it to themselves or did another fish do it to them. Fish in the tank: 5x emeror tetra, 10x red neon tetra, 4x congo tetra, 4x columbian tetra,3x scalare, 2x paradise fish and 4x unknown fish(the one without the eye) and betta. Anyone know what to do? Thank you

View attachment 20240923_121829.jpg

View attachment 20240923_121847.jpg

FrancisFloe

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2023
Philippines
The fish that lost their eye seem to be some kind of Danio, they are dither fish and very active, I've had them and they never gouged each others eye.:cry: Based on your fish stocking, the Colombian tetra could've done it as theyre super aggressive tetras, could also be congo tetra, scalare and betta could also may be the culprit. Looking at it now, your fish has discoloration so it could just be that they have a disease and is having an infection, Im not good at medication stuff and diseases, maybe put them in a separate tank and put some methylene blue and a bit of aquarium salt to lessen the eye infection

FrancisFloe

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2023
Philippines
The fish that lost their eye seem to be some kind of Danio, they are dither fish and very active, I've had them and they never gouged each others eye.:cry: Based on your fish stocking, the Colombian tetra could've done it as theyre super aggressive tetras, could also be congo tetra, scalare and betta could also may be the culprit. Looking at it now, your fish has discoloration so it could just be that they have a disease and is having an infection, Im not good at medication stuff and diseases, maybe put them in a separate tank and put some methylene blue and a bit of aquarium salt to lessen the eye infection
Wait....so your neons are actually fine despite also being a potential target of nipping from other fish, so maybe your danios are actually sick, I think those are giant danios and they're kinda discolored, would be better to separate and treat em.

Reactions: tlindsey and AR1

SLS_23

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2018
Czech Republic
Wait....so your neons are actually fine despite also being a potential target of nipping from other fish, so maybe your danios are actually sick, I think those are giant danios and they're kinda discolored, would be better to separate and treat em.
The colouring is OK, I've bought them this orange before. I bought them as danio sp. Gold. Eyes are missing on two fish, I think they were poked out because I found the eyes floating in the aquarium like on the first photo

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store