ONLINE source Live plants

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I’ve bought plants from aquarium co op and Dustin’s fish tanks and no problems with snails.

beau1990

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2018
Stanford Kentucky
I had good experiences with dustinsfishtanks, his green house is like 45min from me. Or you could try talking to local hobbyists. Another excellent place is aquarium plants factory Everything from them has always grown phenomenally well for me

Reactions: AR1

altums85

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2018
I've personally ordered from buceplant and aquariumplantfactory and had great success in the past year. But there are many other vendors out there.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Dustin Fish tanks were HORRIBLE two years later I am still Taking snails out of my tank .Horrible results. NO Thanks NEVER again!!!
Sorry to hear about that.

jake37

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2021
I would not order plants again from aquariumcoop; i used to have problems with aquariumplantfactory but the last few years they have been excellent. I havne't used dustin in a while - the stuff i order pre-pandemic was very good value but their offering was limited - too limiting for my current needs. Buce is not bad i prefer aquariumplantfactory (esp since i can get plants without that rockwool stuff i hate); aquariumplants in florida is a bit hit or miss - the last order was contanimanted with duckweed which i hate. marcus used to be excellent but after the pandemic it has been pretty plain (no better or worse than aquarium-coop).
-
That's my take on the stores i've used in the past few years. Oh there is some place in ny that is pretty good but i can't think of the seller - it is an ebay thingy. All of the vendors i've mentioned have snails - so if you really want snail free you will have to treat them or get a clown loach ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store