Do I need to return my aquarium?

wumbology38

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2016
IMG_8926.jpegHey everyone, this past weekend I setup a 60 gallon Marineland ensemble I got at petsmart. The tank, brackets and all silicon looked fine prior to setting it up, but after filling with water on Saturday, I noticed white streaks in the black bracket/silicon joining the front pane of glass to the right pane of glass. They didn’t appear to bubbles and were truly white in color. (See first photo) Since filling on Saturday I have drained the tank to about 70% full while I debated the best course of action. Since Saturday, the white streaks have largely dissipated. (See second photo). I don’t have the foggiest idea of what I am looking at. Is this a sign of a seam failure and/or should I return the tank? IMG_8916.jpeg

SanguineRegis

Feeder Fish
Aug 20, 2024
I am not an expert in the slightest but it does look like the silicone being stretched to me, which is a bad sign. Is there any sort of gap thats created when you fill the tank? say just enough to get a finger nail in?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I’d drain and return that in a hurry if if were mine

wednesday13 wednesday13 is the resident expert here.
Im versed in acrylic repair… honestly don’t know much about glass past resealing tanks. This is def. not my area of knowledge lol…

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
That would have me worried I agree with P phreeflow drain the aquarium and return it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store