low flow on my fx6 randomly and maintenance

HUKIT

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Chicagoland
I assume you have the red intake and output valves turned all the way open? I gave up on canisters and converted every tank to sumps except my fishroom which is all air. I absolutely loathe cleaning my FX5/FX6 canisters. I was replacing the Fx series motors every 3-4 years. The FX6 has a lower operating voltage which saves you a few cents per months and as mentioned they’re interchangeable between the two models.

shern

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2023
California
I assume you have the red intake and output valves turned all the way open? I gave up on canisters and converted every tank to sumps except my fishroom which is all air. I absolutely loathe cleaning my FX5/FX6 canisters. I was replacing the Fx series pumps every 3-4 years.
yup, still no fix. unfortunately a sump is not an option for me atleast where i live so i’ve had to stick to my double fix filters to keep my 250g up and going

HUKIT

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2010
Chicagoland
yup, still no fix. unfortunately a sump is not an option for me atleast where i live so i’ve had to stick to my double fix filters to keep my 250g up and going
That sucks but it sounds like it’s time for a new motor. At least the motor comes with a new impeller and orings. I’d keep the old one as backup just in case the new one ever fails you’ve got one that could be used in a pinch to get you by for a few days.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store