Nano 5 gallon Biotope tank

FrancisFloe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2023
Philippines
IMG_20241009_134539.jpg
Hi guys, I just set up this tank today, it was extremely fast. I had a 5 gallon aquarium thats almost dried up I haven't used and I got the inspiration to use it today.
I threw in some dead palm roots, leaves, coconut roots, anything I could find outside. Some catapa leaves that were slightly rotting in the water I also threw them in to jump start the beneficial bacteria
Im going for a betta habitat style biotope, based on the photos I've seen on the web, bettas live on puddles on nipa palms or like swampy palm habitats, thats the vibe im going for.
I will still let everything settle down, water looks really clear for now but in a week later it'll probably look super dark and moldy. This has no filter or aerator, just a glass cube with some dead stuff, sand, stones and water.
I'm exactly not sure if I'd like to put anything here, this is just a quick experiment and I really just wanna utilize this tank that was lying around.
I'll probably update in like a week
For the stocking I may or may not put fish just depends what the tank will look like in a few weeks.
I will be putting some snails and shrimp from the other tank so there will be a clean up crew.
Fish stocking ideas:
Either a single betta or Badis sp.
What fish do yall think i should put here?

FrancisFloe

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2023
Philippines
View attachment 1550446
Hi guys, I just set up this tank today, it was extremely fast. I had a 5 gallon aquarium thats almost dried up I haven't used and I got the inspiration to use it today.
I threw in some dead palm roots, leaves, coconut roots, anything I could find outside. Some catapa leaves that were slightly rotting in the water I also threw them in to jump start the beneficial bacteria
Im going for a betta habitat style biotope, based on the photos I've seen on the web, bettas live on puddles on nipa palms or like swampy palm habitats, thats the vibe im going for.
I will still let everything settle down, water looks really clear for now but in a week later it'll probably look super dark and moldy. This has no filter or aerator, just a glass cube with some dead stuff, sand, stones and water.
I'm exactly not sure if I'd like to put anything here, this is just a quick experiment and I really just wanna utilize this tank that was lying around.
I'll probably update in like a week
For the stocking I may or may not put fish just depends what the tank will look like in a few weeks.
I will be putting some snails and shrimp from the other tank so there will be a clean up crew.
Fish stocking ideas:
Either a single betta or Badis sp.
What fish do yall think i should put here?
IMG_20241009_134533.jpg

IMG_20241009_134528.jpg

IMG_20241009_134523.jpg

Messenger_creation_192B01E6-9DB5-4B08-B0DA-984B2E2BF2CF.jpeg

Messenger_creation_294A80C9-A788-4B3A-B794-35DD25C5314D.jpeg

Messenger_creation_24F7AED8-68F3-46F1-A887-BE1A33E0851B.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store