Random Rant

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Hey y'all, I just have to rant about this for a second.

The damned fingerprint reader that is on modern laptops.

I swear this is the stupidest freaking thing that man has invented (ok maybe not the stupidest thing but you get the idea). It literally 90% doesn't even read my fingerprint and it often doesn't allow me to switch to a PIN until it fails reading my print a few times. Not to mention ITS LITERALLY ON EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP so I can never escape it.

Also can we just say that perhaps all these new tech security measures are getting more and more ridicolous? On my Apple phone I have a face reader as a password instead of just a simple PIN and while its more reliable than the fingerprint reader, its also a ridicolous idea because what if I got beaten senseless in the middle of no where and my face was unrecognizable? Well guess what, the reader would probably not be able to recognize me and then I wouldn't be able to call for help therefore leaving me for dead because my stupid face reader couldn't pick up my freakin' face.

Call me old fashioned but these new "fancy shmancy" ways to get around keeping traditional passcodes are pathetic. Not to mention impractical. Like we really need to come up with something else better than these damned "body reading" passcode get-arounds.

Anyways, you're welcome for that random rant lol.

P.S. I definitely think the government is getting info from us with all of these personalized body reading passcodes...#frigginoldass16yearoldteengrandpa #conspiracytheories :nilly:

• Haha
Reactions: Midwater and AR1

Sassafras

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2009
USA

I swear this is the stupidest freaking most privacy stealing thing that man has invented (ok maybe not the stupidest thing but you get the idea). It literally 90% doesn't even read my fingerprint and it often doesn't allow me to switch to a PIN until it fails reading my print a few times. Not to mention ITS LITERALLY ON EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP so I can never escape it, by design.

Also can we just say that perhaps all these new tech security measures are getting more and more ridiculous personally invasive? On my Apple phone I have a face reader as a password instead of just a simple PIN and while its more reliable than the fingerprint reader, its also a ridiculous frighteningly intrusive idea because what if I got beaten senseless in the middle of no where and my face was unrecognizable? Well guess what, the reader would probably not be able to recognize me and then I wouldn't be able to call for help therefore leaving me for dead my social credit score might go down because my stupid face reader the facial recognition monitors couldn't pick up my freakin' face.

Call me old fashioned but these new "fancy shmancy" deceptive ways to get around keeping traditional passcodes are pathetic alarmingly threatening to personal security. Not to mention impractical. Like we really need to come up with something else better than these damned "body reading" passcode get-arounds.

P.S. I definitely think am absolutely positive the government is getting info from us with all of these personalized body reading passcodes...#frigginoldass16yearoldteengrandpa #conspiracytheories

You may be one of the few persons your age who sees the danger in surrendering personal privacy. Most of your generation will embrace ideas like a cashless society, where everything you purchase will be monitored. "you bad person you!, you've already driven 500 miles this week, no more gas for the next 14 days."

• Love
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023

I swear this is the stupidest freaking thing that man has invented (ok maybe not the stupidest thing but you get the idea). It literally 90% doesn't even read my fingerprint and it often doesn't allow me to switch to a PIN until it fails reading my print a few times. Not to mention ITS LITERALLY ON EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP so I can never escape it.

Also can we just say that perhaps all these new tech security measures are getting more and more ridicolous? On my Apple phone I have a face reader as a password instead of just a simple PIN and while its more reliable than the fingerprint reader, its also a ridicolous idea because what if I got beaten senseless in the middle of no where and my face was unrecognizable? Well guess what, the reader would probably not be able to recognize me and then I wouldn't be able to call for help therefore leaving me for dead because my stupid face reader couldn't pick up my freakin' face.

Call me old fashioned but these new "fancy shmancy" ways to get around keeping traditional passcodes are pathetic. Not to mention impractical. Like we really need to come up with something else better than these damned "body reading" passcode get-arounds.

P.S. I definitely think the government is getting info from us with all of these personalized body reading passcodes...#frigginoldass16yearoldteengrandpa #conspiracytheories :nilly:
LMAO. I also use a fingerprint reader, and I agree that sometimes it doesn’t work, but for me, it works most of the time. I actually find it pretty handy, especially since I need to hide my password from my pesky siblings who are always trying to sneak a peek—and my parents too! So yeah, I’ve been using this for years, and I only need to enter the password when it rarely fails to recognize me.

But honestly, it sounds like you’ve officially hit your “very old” stage—like 50 to 70 years old, to be exact! 😂 You started your teen fishkeeping phase by asking foolish questions and making silly mistakes, then matured and tackled the hobby like someone in their 20s or 30s. Then you entered your middle aged phase and finally, you’re here, having the classic old-man rants like a few of our other retired members! Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
LMAO. I also use a fingerprint reader, and I agree that sometimes it doesn’t work, but for me, it works most of the time. I actually find it pretty handy, especially since I need to hide my password from my pesky siblings who are always trying to sneak a peek—and my parents too! So yeah, I’ve been using this for years, and I only need to enter the password when it rarely fails to recognize me.

But honestly, it sounds like you’ve officially hit your “very old” stage—like 50 to 70 years old, to be exact! 😂 You started your teen fishkeeping phase by asking foolish questions and making silly mistakes, then matured and tackled the hobby like someone in their 20s or 30s. Then you entered your middle aged phase and finally, you’re here, having the classic old-man rants like a few of our other retired members! Lol.
Looks like at this pace I'll be at Biblical age soon LOL

• Haha
Reactions: AR1

SilverArowanaBoi

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas

I swear this is the stupidest freaking most privacy stealing thing that man has invented (ok maybe not the stupidest thing but you get the idea). It literally 90% doesn't even read my fingerprint and it often doesn't allow me to switch to a PIN until it fails reading my print a few times. Not to mention ITS LITERALLY ON EVERY SINGLE LAPTOP so I can never escape it, by design.

Also can we just say that perhaps all these new tech security measures are getting more and more ridiculous personally invasive? On my Apple phone I have a face reader as a password instead of just a simple PIN and while its more reliable than the fingerprint reader, its also a ridiculous frighteningly intrusive idea because what if I got beaten senseless in the middle of no where and my face was unrecognizable? Well guess what, the reader would probably not be able to recognize me and then I wouldn't be able to call for help therefore leaving me for dead my social credit score might go down because my stupid face reader the facial recognition monitors couldn't pick up my freakin' face.

Call me old fashioned but these new "fancy shmancy" deceptive ways to get around keeping traditional passcodes are pathetic alarmingly threatening to personal security. Not to mention impractical. Like we really need to come up with something else better than these damned "body reading" passcode get-arounds.

P.S. I definitely think am absolutely positive the government is getting info from us with all of these personalized body reading passcodes...#frigginoldass16yearoldteengrandpa #conspiracytheories

You may be one of the few persons your age who sees the danger in surrendering personal privacy. Most of your generation will embrace ideas like a cashless society, where everything you purchase will be monitored. "you bad person you!, you've already driven 500 miles this week, no more gas for the next 14 days."
I 100% agree, I hate the cashless app stuff that people do these days. Honestly I'm wary of having a card, I'd rather just carry straight cash. I think my generation is being foolish with all of the Apple Pay, Paypal, Venmo, etc. One of these days my generation is going to regret it.

Last edited:
Reactions: AR1 and Sassafras

Fallen_Leaves16

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2021
Where are you buying laptops from that only carries devices with those fingerprint things? Lol.
I haven't had one with them yet, but I can't really wrap my head around the idea. Seems so easy to accidentally bypass or have it misread your finger, not to mention pointless.
Same with the face reading thing. Boggles the mind, really.
If one needs a sturdy password, they just need to come up with some lengthy string of numbers, toss in a random name or two, and they're pretty much all set. I'm not ever going to switch to this odd technological nonsense until they force me to do so.
I do agree that technology nowadays seems to be "too much". There was a point where new tech was nifty and useful, but I feel like humans overstepped years ago, with things like AI and face-scanning tech being virtually everywhere online.
Honestly, the online stores and digital payment stuff is one of the new things I do like; managing cash and whatnot gets tiring after a while- used to work part-time at a little stationary shop my grandparents owned, and counting coins and bills for hours on end got rather disorienting and dull.
Also makes it much easier to get fish and whatnot that I'm looking for. But I can definitely see the drawbacks.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
Rant?

Did someone say...rant?

Hmmm...nah, I've got nothing. Life is good; my admiration and love for my fellow man continues to grow and blossom.

If your biggest problem is caused by the fact that a device that fits in your pocket...which probably has as much computing power as all the hardware NASA needed to send the first manned rocket to the moon...occasionally forces you to use more than one single keytouch to gain instant access to the sum total of human knowledge...then I envy you. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store