1000 gallon build

Hairback357

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2008
Phoenix, AZ.
I just read through this whole thread and I have to tell ya, this is the most interesting tank I have ever seen. It's like you are building the ideas I have had into a real tank. My Dad works in Fiberglass and I am planning on making a trial run on my own tank someday soon. You tank is what I would do if I had the money. LOL Awesome tank! :headbang2 I am on pins and needles here to see how this all turns out.

oregonian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2007
portland, oregon
another sweet tank DIY.. making sure i subscribe for updates

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Sorry I haven't posted any progress, but there hasn't been much. Things have been really busy at work. I will get the glass installed this week. And I will post some new pics. Thanks for all the comments and compliments. Updates coming soon.

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Well the window is finally in !!!!! I used white silicone so i could easily see air pockets, not to mention after the Granite trim is installed you won't be able to see it. I am going to let it cure for a few days then I will silicone the inside of the window. (with clear)

P3270161.JPG

P3270170.JPG

P3270174.JPG

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I got a lot of plumbing done today. I'll finish the plumbing saturday. I might silicone the inside of the window tommorrow. I think it should be safe to put water in next weekend. ( I hope!) Of course I still need to sheet the outside, trim the front, build the lids, install the lights, cut and install the backgrounds, and cycle the tank.:nilly:
It sounds like alot but, it won't take long. I'll post pics of plumbing progress tommorrow.

EVP

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
CT
this is gonna look awesome. i have a piece of property that i'm building a house on in a couple of years and i will build something a lot like this. can't wait to see urs finished up.

WolfFisho1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
EVP;1654175;1654175 said:
this is gonna look awesome. i have a piece of property that i'm building a house on in a couple of years and i will build something a lot like this. can't wait to see urs finished up.
well if your gonna have the chance to build a house around a tank build a 15,000-20,000 fish tank and get a giga!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store