1000 gallon build

zakeel

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
washington
You Seriously should consider getting a silver aro

it would be a amesome center piece and the granite would accent the arowana very well, it might eat your oscar though
if i could just ask why you did not build a sump a tank that big should have one it would have better filtration.
anyway thanks for the tips you've inspirited me to build a fish tank in my house about the same size.
very nice tank wish you well
have a merry christmas

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
Thanks everybody for the wonderful comments. My fish spawned again this weekend. This time I hope it works out better.

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
jamey0615;2583089; said:
Thanks everybody for the wonderful comments. My fish spawned again this weekend. This time I hope it works out better.
Since this is the second spawning, you are likely to have more success than the first go at it. My monos drew blanks in their first attempt and had about a 50% success rate fertilizing the second batch.

If you want to raise them, you will need to either remove the eggs before they hatch or remove the babies once they are free swimming and feed them with lots of live baby brine shrimp. The babies are very hardy as long as they get clean warm water and lots of food.

Congrats by the way, yours are only the second breeding pair of orinos that I have heard of. Raising and selling the kids would be likely to pay off well since these are still not a commonly available species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store