112gal Peacock & Hap tank

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
I just moved from Portland, Oregon to Davao, Philippines about six months ago now. Just rented a house so in a few months will be looking to set up a tank again. Found a tank builder here that will build a 8x2x2 for a whopping 5000 pesos or $90 USD.
Awesome mate. I guess you're used to humidity being from the PNW, but the Philippines humidity will suck the life out of you. $90 USD, that's crazy!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Awesome mate. I guess you're used to humidity being from the PNW, but the Philippines humidity will suck the life out of you. $90 USD, that's crazy!
It's not so bad, grew up in Houston, Texas. Feels about the same here, heat and humidity wise. The real killer here is the UV. Being just 900ish kilometers from the equator. It's a straight shot, not so much atmosphere to deflect it. Makes you feel like one of those precooked chickens sitting under the heat lamps at your local grocery store.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
I know the feeling mate. I grew up in Australia. Big hole in the ozone from jet stream of gaseous industrial waste from China & SE Asia. Get fried in 12 minutes in the summer. Highest skin cancer rate per capita in the planet 😅
Are you there long term then mate?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I know the feeling mate. I grew up in Australia. Big hole in the ozone from jet stream of gaseous industrial waste from China & SE Asia. Get fried in 12 minutes in the summer. Highest skin cancer rate per capita in the planet 😅
Are you there long term then mate?
Indeed I am. Everything here is a quarter the cost of the same thing in the States. In a two bedroom house, rent is just $260 USD. In the US your looking at min $2k. McDonald's double quarter pound meal is $6 USD, America same meal is like $15. Real kicker is my internet is only like $14 USD vs $100 back home...

Reactions: danotaylor

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Cool beans mate. I have travelled extensively in SE Asia. Love Asian cuisine. Beautiful people.
If you ever get the hankering to get ripped off in a western setting, just slide down under to Aus. The cost of living there eclipses the US & Europe even 😅
All the best to you as you settle in there mate!

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Cool beans mate. I have travelled extensively in SE Asia. Love Asian cuisine. Beautiful people.
If you ever get the hankering to get ripped off in a western setting, just slide down under to Aus. The cost of living there eclipses the US & Europe even 😅
All the best to you as you settle in there mate!
Here you can read of my reasons and move so far

Reactions: danotaylor

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Here you can read of my reasons and move so far
Wow mate, you have overcome many challenges, health and otherwise. What a journey you have had. I’m glad you have found a new start in life with peace and a greater sense of ease than you experience in the PNW. Happy days and blessings mate!

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store