112gal Peacock & Hap tank

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
My wife likes pretty fish with bright colors. When I transitioned my 560gal to a ray tank, her favorite “pretty’s” wound up in a tote for a few months. This past week friend returned back to me some equipment I had given him years ago, with a really nice 125gal tank and stand. I moved my tropheus from this tank to the 125, and wifeys “pretty” fish up to the living room. This is how it looks atm. There’s 2 trios of breeders in there that are going, regular borleyi and OB borleyi and then it will be better balanced color wise.
Anyhoo, here it is;

Omrit

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Very beautiful fish!

Does the Frontosa get along well with them? No problems at all? I like Frontosa but had always been led to believe they basically needed a big species tank but if something like this works I am interested.

Reactions: AR1

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
The frontosa does fine with them. He actually grew up with some of these peacocks and haps in my 560 gallon tank. He is definitely more cramped in the 112g and has been struggling a bit a meal times cause of how fast the other fish feed. I have been hand feeding him since he was small tho so I give him a few of the massivore pellets I feed my stingrays every day to supplement his diet.
I wouldn’t try keeping them w mbuna though cause the mbuna will nip off their trailing pelvic fins which to me enhance their majestic appearance 👍🏼
I have kept them in a species only tank and they look fabulous. Also a 3 species tank with blue dolphins and mdoka white lips.
The main thing to watch is feeding cause they’re pretty slow movers. They can definitely handle themselves against any rowdy peacocks or haps 💪🏼👍🏼🙌🏼

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store