Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
It's loud bc the water level is low and the water from filters are crashing down lol

DN328

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
All three of my drain pipes are (only) 1". I think the original Herbie method with the primary drain and a trickle e-drain used the same size pipes I believe. If I were to do it again, I would try to use larger pipes just because. Aside from the 3 standpipes, I have a 1.5" return T'ed to two 3/4 braided lines with loc-lines. I also have a pipe to run wires down to the overflow so wires are hidden. All piping hidden in my internal overflow (I have a peninsula style, so hiding everything was important to me).

In retrospect the wire pipe was a cool idea, but having room for larger pipes makes more sense I suppose. Having said this, I don't think the 1" pipes are lacking in terms of turnover. The second pipe has a slight trickle and the third is completely dry. I do use a sock for the second drain.

For reference, I have a Waveline DC 10000 II rated 2800gph max, I have about 5-6 feet head pressure, with a few 90* and 45* PVC angles. I run the pump at 7 of 11 flow settings. To be honest, I could crank it up max and I still think my 1" pipes could handle as I'd open up the drain a bit more.

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
I finally got my sump going thanks to some help from some friends and members here on mFk.
I'm still going to mess with it as much as I can to make it better. I will put my heater on my sump or in overflow and eliminate my hob filter. My Cannister as well bc I want to save on some electricity lol. How long before the sump has enough bb to where I can remove my filters. Have the sump running for like 2 hrs and it's not noisy it's running just fine and I'm loving it so far. Water is looking pretty clear. I just need to get my canopy on there and it's set I think

IMG_7382.JPG

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

IMG_7387.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store