210 gallon Frontosa build

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Cichlids & Herps ships to Canada. They sell Moba, Kitumba and others. Alison Lowe there is the main contact. I've been ordering wc Moba from them for a couple years now but I've also ordered from Southeast Cichlids several times and they are both quality establishments and should take good care of you.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Cichlids & Herps ships to Canada. They sell Moba, Kitumba and others. Alison Lowe there is the main contact. I've been ordering wc Moba from them for a couple years now but I've also ordered from Southeast Cichlids several times and they are both quality establishments and should take good care of you.
Ah yea, I totally forgot about Alison at C&H! Another good option for sure.

Butch’s Moba are $10 more/fish but are also 2-2.25”. I’m about 99% sure he breeds and raises the juvies he sells. Looks like Alison only has 2 x 1.25” fry atm as well.

I would not be surprised if you get a discount on a purchase of 10…if you ask…or maybe a free extra. Never hurts to ask 😇

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands
Butch told me on one occasion that he gets Moba from Cichlids & Herps and resells them. And yeah I also noticed they only have the very small Moba at the moment. You can email her and ask when she's expecting her next shipment from Africa.

Last edited:
Reactions: danotaylor

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
Gotcha. Maybe Alison is where he got his wild group from then?

ken31cay

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2022
Cayman Islands

Caperguy99

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
I sure am hoping Butch can help make your dream come true mate!
Watching and waiting to hear the outcome of your contact with him :popcorn:

Whereabouts in Canada are you anyway? I know a guy in Detroit who breeds Kitumba Gibbs. If you were in the Toronto area you guys could possibly meet at the border?
I’m far from Toronto, unfortunately - which is part of the problem. Rural Nova Scotia.

Caperguy99

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
Some stressful news - I found what looks to be a sliver of glass missing from the bottom right corner of this tank. Not at all what I wanted to be posting about.

Take a look at these two photos. In the first you can see the sliver missing from the corner. The second shows more of the whole corner.

What would you do about this if you were in my shoes? Is this going to explode if I fill it with water?

IMG_4263.jpeg
IMG_4266.jpeg

• Wow

Caperguy99

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2022
Nova Scotia, Canada
I feel your frustration!
If possible I would attempt to return it
At worst...fill it outside to test for water tight seal
Sad...
My - perhaps hopeful - instinct is that this looks cosmetic. It really was just a tiny sliver off the corner, but I was hoping to get insight from some of our forums longtime participants to get a sense of whether this is actually a crisis or whether I can move ahead with caution.

danotaylor

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2024
Okeana Ohio
The sliver on the bottom appears to be the full thickness o the glass. Send pictures asap to the supplier. Tell them you have not water tested it yet. Ask for their input and do it as they say so so you don't void any potential warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Caperguy99
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store