24k gallon lagoon. Stocking inquiry?

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I can get black tip reefs and bull shark any day of the week here. I just don't plan on upgrading if I go this route. Black tips, though decently small are too high strung and should be in nothing smaller than 60k gallons in my opinion and bulls shouldn't be in anything less than 300k gallons.

I like them, but this is probably the largest i would or could go without financial burden.

Reef, not my style, just an overpriced planted tank to me.
Horn sharks are nice, so are leopard sharks and the cold water tolerance could be more appealing from a financial perspective long term.

I am just fond of hammerheads personally.

Thanks for the replies
Where are you that you can get blacktips and bull sharks locally???

Cichlid23

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Hammerhead is way, way to big, a bonnet head would do alright. And that would be a pain to heat depending where you live so cold water sharks like leopards or horn sharks might be the thing to go with.

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
Hammerhead is way, way to big, a bonnet head would do alright. And that would be a pain to heat depending where you live so cold water sharks like leopards or horn sharks might be the thing to go with.
Was thinking of putting under a green house. Buddy has something similar and it's about 76 degrees all year long. Just a little koi pond but maybe I'd get similar parameters

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

sharkdealer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
los angeles
I can get black tip reefs and bull shark any day of the week here. I just don't plan on upgrading if I go this route. Black tips, though decently small are too high strung and should be in nothing smaller than 60k gallons in my opinion and bulls shouldn't be in anything less than 300k gallons.

I like them, but this is probably the largest i would or could go without financial burden.

Reef, not my style, just an overpriced planted tank to me.
Horn sharks are nice, so are leopard sharks and the cold water tolerance could be more appealing from a financial perspective long term.

I am just fond of hammerheads personally.

Thanks for the replies
Where are you located? Have you given any further thought to this pool?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store