MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
Just throw the plants in a bucket of water until you’re done treating the fish. With no fish host, whatever ich that’s on the plants will die off. Follow kno4te kno4te ’s advice about salt and heat

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Just throw the plants in a bucket of water until you’re done treating the fish. With no fish host, whatever ich that’s on the plants will die off. Follow kno4te kno4te ’s advice about salt and heat
yeah, I put them in solo cups filled halfway with water and fertilizer in a window (so the plants can get a bit of co2 from the air). I'm just going to heat the tank (already did at 84) and add in 1 teaspoon of salt per gallon. If this fails I'll move onto medicine

Reactions: kno4te

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
In the future if you can order kordon ich attack(Amazon) it will be great for situations like this. It is safe for plants and inverts. You need to treat longer with it, but it has been very effective for me.

Reactions: Rob909

Rob909

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2018
Fontana, CA
In the future if you can order kordon ich attack(Amazon) it will be great for situations like this. It is safe for plants and inverts. You need to treat longer with it, but it has been very effective for me.
I like the Kordon stuff as well. Safe for all my clown loaches and blue botia as well as all the marmorkrebs.

Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
I like the Kordon stuff as well. Safe for all my clown loaches and blue botia as well as all the marmorkrebs.
Yeah it’s pretty good stuff. I know it’s not as fast working or as aggressive as salt for fish hard hit with ich, but it’s so much safer for a large variety of fish and inverts, snails, ect.

Since I have snails and plants in most tanks I try to keep it on hand just in case. I always have salt, but I’d hate to kill my plants and snails. Though I have treated with salt and had snails and plants pull through. It was a desperate move as a newbie.

Reactions: Rob909
Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
Yeah it’s pretty good stuff. I know it’s not as fast working or as aggressive as salt for fish hard hit with ich, but it’s so much safer for a large variety of fish and inverts, snails, ect.

Since I have snails and plants in most tanks I try to keep it on hand just in case. I always have salt, but I’d hate to kill my plants and snails. Though I have treated with salt and had snails and plants pull through. It was a desperate move as a newbie.
yeah, the ich is getting worse on some fish, but not all of them have it, I'm just treating the whole tank though. If it doesn't work on this go, I'll move to ICH-X, but the Ich doesn't seem to be dropping off for some reason

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
My plants are in solo cups with their leaves out of the water (but roots in the water) and their leaves are drying out and dying, is this a bad thing or will the plants grow back, I know in nurseries they grow them with their leaves out of the water too, should I just move them into my pea puffer tank (which has no light)?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
My plants are in solo cups with their leaves out of the water (but roots in the water) and their leaves are drying out and dying, is this a bad thing or will the plants grow back, I know in nurseries they grow them with their leaves out of the water too, should I just move them into my pea puffer tank (which has no light)?
Submerge the leaves as well. Don't move the plants since they can carry ich too.

yeah, the ich is getting worse on some fish, but not all of them have it, I'm just treating the whole tank though. If it doesn't work on this go, I'll move to ICH-X, but the Ich doesn't seem to be dropping off for some reason
Ich will take several days to drop off, and treatment kills the free swimming form that hatches from eggs. So it'll take a bit of time to clear up.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store