55 gallon african tank! (pics)

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
mike dunagan;2407403; said:
If you can, you can always paint the back black. The paint comes off pretty easily later with a razor blade. I have painted most of my tanks.
I would like to paint it, but since its already set up its kind of hard, I dont have another tank I could put them in while I paint it either.

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
woofy;2407543; said:
africans are addicting. dont ever look in the mixed afrifan tank! you will always find something u dont have. Ur not overstocked, i personally like having a few more africans than any other fish becuase it controls aggression a bit, its like they really dont know who to pick on so it keeps everyone safe. really nice!
Ive definately noticed having more fish helps lesson the amount of aggresion, When I had about 5 africans in the tank and added a new fish, the new fish would get picked on until I rearranged the decor, once I got to about 12 fish I could add a new fish and noone even noticed the adition.

liberator177

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
michigan
mike dunagan;2408711; said:
Many have painted with it setup, just don't get the paint in the water...lol
or on the wall or the carpet...:WHOA:

ExoticEctotherms

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
South Jersey
They sell plain tank background you can just tape on. I use it and i think it looks nice. It makes the tank look deeper than it actually is.

Are you only running a single AC110 on that tank?

tylerperkins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2008
wi
lmartelli77;2416659; said:
They sell plain tank background you can just tape on. I use it and i think it looks nice. It makes the tank look deeper than it actually is.

Are you only running a single AC110 on that tank?

thats deff not a 110 but good try

as far as apinting set up its not that bad get enough water out of it to move it awayfrom the wall, put down some plastic bags and go to it took me a hour to do my 55 salt

ExoticEctotherms

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 23, 2007
South Jersey
tylerperkins;2416699; said:
thats deff not a 110 but good try

Sorry.....i am definitely not an expert at identifying a filter by its looks. My point was that if that is the only filtration being run on that tank, the OP may want to consider adding another filter (sump, canister, etc..). I would think that tank would need moe bio-filtration. Just my 2 cents.

Beautiful tank regardless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store