Not open for further replies.

sgland

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Singapore
rumblesushi said:
:D

Do you think I should plonk him in right away, or wait until he's settled in the tank with the aid of a divider?
Given me, i would use a divider. But remember nothing for sure with sh, especially micropeltes. Take it slow with room for both for adjustments and it may work out fine. But no guarantees, one may decide to take out the other one day.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I might just try it for a while, I like the jardini a lot, it's not just a test for my channa. It's costing a lot more than the channa too.

Thing is, my channa is a VICIOUS little bastard, but he is little. So he would not be able to kill the aro outright. The SH is pushing 5 inches, and is much fatter than when I got him, but still relatively slim.

The jardini is at least 6 inches and I'm sure weighs a fair bit more.

The little channa has killed a fair few fish the same size as him, though for some reason the convict and texas are still alive and well in there. He chases them around but they are smart enough to keep running until he stops.

If he terrorizes the jardini and it looks like the jardini can't handle it I'll put a divider up, then cycle a new tank for the aro. I don't want either fish to die, I like them both a lot, and it would be cool if they lived together for a while.

I'm getting it tomorrow morning but I'm undecided of whether to introduce the aro immediately, or put him in a divided section until he's settled in, and not stressed from the move, then remove the divider.

It may be fine putting him right away, but I'm worried that it might be a bit much after transporting him if the first thing he is faced with is a pugnacious little channa in his face.

fishnthings

" id rather be a goldfish "
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
i had a 7inch jardini, the little ******* wasnt mean at all, he was beat up, and torn in half by two little 2inch texans. the jardini was perfectly healthy and all. If it were i who got a jardini again, i def wouldnt risk such a beautiful fish with a sh. but your prob alot more experienced than me, so im sure you know what to do

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
I got the jardini today, and low and behold the channa is scared of it.

The texas is scared of it too. The only thing that's not scared of it is the convict, which nipped it's tail a couple of times. I don't think I'm gonna tolerate this little convict nipping my pretty jardini so I think it's gonna have to be wolf food.

I got a little peacock bass too.

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
it's funny how unpredictable fish are.

In the store they had 3 jardini's. The one I chose was the biggest and prettiest, had the best colour. The others were pale.

It was pretty inactive though in a small tank, just sitting there with a discus and a pleco.

They were also keeping it in RO water, so I figured the shock of putting in hard tap water would take it a week or 2 to adapt.

But no, it's active and aggressive, and it's already eaten quite a lot within 2 hours of it being in the tank.

And it's now started to chase and nip the convict and texas.

And my badass little channa that feared nothing is hiding behind the filter, he has shown no aggression at all to the jardini.

The jardini is probably about 6.5 inches and hasn't filled out much yet. My channa is bigger than I thought, he's grown loads, he's around 5.5 inches.

fishnthings

MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
wow, im suprised. good luck with this, i just have a bad feeling the sh will get tired of em, and teach the jardini a lesson,
and yes 2 2"texans literaly tore the jardini in half, i was pissed. i kept the texans tho, i figured two little fish like that must be hard @sses

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
the jardini has bitten the texas twice, taken some scales off. The texas is scared. For some reason the convict is less scared but he;s been nipped too.

I setup a divider for a tiny little 2.5 inch peacock bass I bought at the same time, but he's so skinny he slipped through the divider. There's nothing I can do. Just hope for the best.

Luckily they seem to have left him alone so far.

It's weird the channa is scared and hiding. When I put that fat goby in that was bigger than the jar - the channa went straight up to it and when it didn't move, the channa bit it.

fishnthings

MFK Member
Jun 28, 2005
Pensacola
sgland said:
Glad it work out. :thumbsup:
dont count the chickens until they hatch........just be cautious, jardinis are precious, but mine wasnt aggressive, i understand all are different and they have their own personalities, sounds like youve got a bad @ss
:headbang2

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store