650 Liter American Tank

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
On behalf of the other members and myself:

OP, please understand that we are not discouraging you from fishkeeping or making any personal attacks.

The fish you are currently keeping are in great shape and health, which reflects how well you care for them.

However, the experienced members here are simply advising you to separate the South and Central American cichlids to prevent potential issues related to aggression and differing water parameters

Oscarintheocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2024
Nice looking tank and setup. Even with all those fish the water clarity looks great. Welcome to the forum. Happy fishkeeping 😊
What kind of filtration you running on that bad boy?
Thank you so much
I am using external filter as Sunsun HW5000.With full capacity it's running 4500L/H but i am using it in lower power as 3500L/H
Has sponges , Sera siporax , small lava rock , purigen and Sera Crystal Clear in it

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14 and AR1

Oscarintheocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2024
On behalf of the other members and myself:

OP, please understand that we are not discouraging you from fishkeeping or making any personal attacks.

The fish you are currently keeping are in great shape and health, which reflects how well you care for them.

However, the experienced members here are simply advising you to separate the South and Central American cichlids to prevent potential issues related to aggression and differing water parameters
Definately there is no any misunderstanding on my side , i got your points. You are right in every advise but in the future 😇

I am not planning to keep them when they get more than 20Cm. As you all know mixed tanks need trial and error method to find out best harmony between species. So as they grow up and become more aggressive , i will start to remove them to create space.
But my point is , when you have a relatively large aquarium (unfortunately it can be considered huge in Turkey circumstances 😅) keeping 3 or 4 fish with 10cm size is not rational.When they start to fill the aquarium with their giant sizes , of course population MUST BE decreased

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14 and AR1

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
I think you could get away with keeping at least some of the oscars and severums etc. but the Snakehead and the Pacu will both get significantly larger than any of the other fish pretty quickly. I would look at rehoming those first. I had a pacu 30 years ago that grew to 18 inches long and 4 inches thick between the eyes before I eventually had to rehome him. and they grow FAST

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I think you could get away with keeping at least some of the oscars and severums etc. but the Snakehead and the Pacu will both get significantly larger than any of the other fish pretty quickly. I would look at rehoming those first. I had a pacu 30 years ago that grew to 18 inches long and 4 inches thick between the eyes before I eventually had to rehome him. and they grow FAST
hey 12 Volt Man 12 Volt Man ! I don’t want to derail the thread, but I didn’t know where else to post. I just wanted to share that I’ve bought three albino tinfoil barbs after being inspired by you!

• Love
Reactions: 12 Volt Man

Oscarintheocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2024
Absolutely agree with you about Pacu , he is like a sweeping machine when i feed them.
To be honest i was not planning to be have a Pacu but my wife forced me to have it 😂 Seems that have not much time in my tank because growing really quick ,will be needed to rehome soon
When i get the snakehead , he was get used to only eat live food. That time had internalparasite in my tank and spend almost 2 month with cure. I cured him by forcing to eat dry feed. In all this period he has battered so i think that's why he grows quite slow.

Reactions: AR1

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
hey 12 Volt Man 12 Volt Man ! I don’t want to derail the thread, but I didn’t know where else to post. I just wanted to share that I’ve bought three albino tinfoil barbs after being inspired by you!
awesome congrats!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store