8x3x3 hybrid tiger shovelnose

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
I have a 8x3x3.. currently my stock list goes 2 peacock bass. Foot and half arowna. 6 year old scobina ray. And one true parrot cichlid. All of the fish are on the large side. Now my buddy has a 8-9inch hybrid shovel in a 180. Knowing it's going to outgrow that tank. Could he be good in my 8x3x3?
Side note I spot feed/hand feed all my fish so no body completes for food. So the catfish couldn't really bully anyone for thier food sinxe everyone is spot fed. Could this be an option to take him into my home?

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I have a 8x3x3.. currently my stock list goes 2 peacock bass. Foot and half arowna. 6 year old scobina ray. And one true parrot cichlid. All of the fish are on the large side. Now my buddy has a 8-9inch hybrid shovel in a 180. Knowing it's going to outgrow that tank. Could he be good in my 8x3x3?
Side note I spot feed/hand feed all my fish so no body completes for food. So the catfish couldn't really bully anyone for thier food sinxe everyone is spot fed. Could this be an option to take him into my home?
Fishman Dave Fishman Dave
wednesday13 wednesday13
thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter

here are some catfish experts,

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
This is getting silly now!
Your stock and tank look awfully similar to those of M monsterK
Noting that multiple usernames are not allowed.

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I thought this thread looked similar, but didn't know it was the same guy posting it.

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
Excuse me?? I've been here for couple years now? It's my fault someone posted a similar tank?? This is what we're attacking people with? It was a simply question. I understand you guys may have egos because you are very well educated in the fish world and it's nice to have you guys at our disposal but to Excuse someone of other accounts? Its a fish forum let's slow down here lmao wow sad

Side note, followed your link and yes similar tanks 100%.. but other people can also own the same fish? To each his own, il just close thread sorry for the Inconvenience on the thread. I'll figure it out thanks fellas

Also Dave if you would like to report my account to mods maybe then can deep dive.. but im just a guy asking fish questions man cheers my friend

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
Excuse me?? I've been here for couple years now? It's my fault someone posted a similar tank?? This is what we're attacking people with? It was a simply question. I understand you guys may have egos because you are very well educated in the fish world and it's nice to have you guys at our disposal but to Excuse someone of other accounts? Its a fish forum let's slow down here lmao wow sad

Side note, followed your link and yes similar tanks 100%.. but other people can also own the same fish? To each his own, il just close thread sorry for the Inconvenience on the thread. I'll figure it out thanks fellas

Also Dave if you would like to report my account to mods maybe then can deep dive.. but im just a guy asking fish questions man cheers my friend
I am extremely sorry. My sincere apologies. I did not mean any offense. I hope you forgive me.

This forum is great for asking advice. I myself am rather new to the hobby and have little experience, that's why I tagged some expert members.

Fishman Dave Fishman Dave was trying to help that guy in multiple threads, but he just kept creating new ones with similar question, hence the frustration.

It's just a misunderstanding. We would love you to stay on this website.

All the members here are very keen to help fellow fishkeepers.

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
I appreciate the kind words AR1. I do love this forum I think it's the best forum out there for fish keeping by a landslide. It's somewhat unfortunate what transpired but I'm too old to bicker or argue with people on the internet let alone a fish forum. I do appreciate you my friend. Despite what posts are made here, if I feel i wanna ask a question I'm going too. Im sorry if that offends some people. I wish nothing but the best for all my fellow fish keepers. Ill always treat people with respect. Looking forward too running into you more AR1! Much love :)

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
I too apologise for adding 2 and 2 and coming up with 3.
If you have looked at the posts you will note same sized tank, same stock, not even similar but same. Asking same question. By someone same age and born on the same day just one month apart.
In my defence that’s a lot of coincidences.
Again I apologise for my original reaction and am sure you are in the right place to get get good advice.
I don’t want to upset anyone or deter folks from asking questions and learning, we are all learning no matter how long we have been in the hobby.

Finster90

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2022
I do understand the coincidence. As for birthday stuff I didn't even know that even existed on here. I do not put personal information like that on websites so unfortunately whatever it says my birthday is on here is wrong. I just don't put that info on the internet, call me old but that's just me. Thats some detective work Dave! I didn't even know that was even a thing on here! Understand it was a misunderstanding, all is well my friend. No hard feelings at all on me end.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store