AAaahhHH Ick treatment? and snails / shrimp ?

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
I came home from work and saw them. The little white speckles on my Cichilds. I think its the start of Ick, so I added Jungle ick clear (victori green, acriflavine) and aquarium salt.
I have (all under2.5") Jd's, oscars, Green texas, jewel, convicts, one stray african, and comet goldies. the goldies and the african appear to be the only ones with out ick! I'v never had a problem without a heater, so i dont have one. the temp varies between 73f and 80f. its a 110g.
The ick is not totally infested and the cichlids seem none the wiser, so im not worried too much about the fish. But I have Adult and juvenile mystery snails, and ghost shrimp in there. WILL THE ICH TREATMENT OR SALT EFFECT THE CRUSTACEANS OR MOLLUSKS? is it too late or should i take them out?

Thanks

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
FisHaRNekEd;1225873; said:
I came home from work and saw them. The little white speckles on my Cichilds. I think its the start of Ick, so I added Jungle ick clear (victori green, acriflavine) and aquarium salt.
I have (all under2.5") Jd's, oscars, Green texas, jewel, convicts, one stray african, and comet goldies. the goldies and the african appear to be the only ones with out ick! I'v never had a problem without a heater, so i dont have one. the temp varies between 73f and 80f. its a 110g.
The ick is not totally infested and the cichlids seem none the wiser, so im not worried too much about the fish. But I have Adult and juvenile mystery snails, and ghost shrimp in there. WILL THE ICH TREATMENT OR SALT EFFECT THE CRUSTACEANS OR MOLLUSKS? is it too late or should i take them out?

Thanks
I think that product will be pretty hard on invertebrates.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Most meds used for ich are very hard on shrimp, on the other hand most shrimp and snails will tolerate salt at the treatment level of 2 tsp/1 gal. Since the temp is not being raised plan on treating for at least twice as long as normal, 20 -30 days rather than 10.

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
agree with guppy but i have had great luck with seachems paragaurd

FisHaRNekEd

Candiru
MFK Member
thank you all, here is the update

came home, it was warmer out today so the temp is 81. the water was cloudy as he!! and still blue from the treatment. the shrimp appear un affected, and the fish already have less spots! the snails on the other hand, i think i will take out. the ones that are active are hanging near the water line, and the rest are on the bottom (either dead or lazy, as normal during the day.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store