african tankmates(non-cichlid)

SoDakJeep

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2009
South Dakota
paigntonlad;3179332; said:
*tut* you obviously know its wrong, so why do it?

No idea what you mean. The fish is fine nothing bad has happened to him. We have tried other fish and they all seem to not work. I can't even have a pleco as they get destroyed overnight but the lil bala is pretty strong. So yea I don't know what is wrong i guess and I missed your point.

lateraldisposition

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2009
Arkansas
paigntonlad;3179332; said:
*tut* you obviously know its wrong, so why do it?
If u really want to get into it everyone on this site is wrong for taking fish out of their environment not just fish all animals alike but u know it all and have no flaws so I guess I'm the wrong one huh which I'm sure u and another know it all will tell me in a day or so this site is for information swapping and when u and the other no it alls figure that out not only will everyone be more at ease to ask for help but well all be more knowledgeable on proper fish keeping

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
fish_master2000;3182650; said:
will any cats work? like pictus
no don't think so just synodontis I think... my plecos do fine with them as well I have a common one and an albino bristle nose both are doing great and keeping the algea off the sides ;)

greenearthlawns

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2008
Danville, NH
I do have 4 pictus cats that are doing fine with a couple africans in my 125 the africans were given to me by someone who couldn't keep them and I had no choice so I tried them in the 125 they are haps and they are doing good, so sometimes things that aren't recommended do work but doesn't mean its for everyone alot of people do not like unorthodox mixes so you have to just take peoples advise for what it's worth, and do what works best for your fishes!! I have extra tanks so if a fish needs to be moved to a better environment I have that option, you just have to observe your fish often and if one is not thriving as it should try to do something about it~ Synodontis Cats are very cool btw!!

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
When my tank was Malawi, I had Syno. Occellfier and Eureptus (spelling), Striped Rafael, and a handful of plecos from L190 and L333 to clown and BN. All did good at there job w/o any deaths. Still have the Synos., 104, and BN's 4 years later. Synos. make great scavengers and some have awesome looks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store