albino asian red tail catfish

aeri

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto
anybody have any information about this guy? a lfs is selling them and it looks really similar to an albino channel cat.

how big do they grow? do they eventually get a red tail? are they aggressive? tankmates? anyone have a large one (or at least a picture of one) so i know what they would turn out like? etcetc.

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Just as nasty and aggressive as thier non-albino bretheren.... I've only seen two of them in person and niether of them had a red tail but thats not surprising for a true albino rather than a latino.

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Most of these albino artc are not H wyckioides like everyone thinks, but H nemurus, and no where near as aggressive. H wyckioides was sold under the name of H nemurus for years and this is where the confusion arose, to be honest they are not even alike, apart from being Bagrids. Oh and some sites quote some sizes that are a little off the mark. :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
wayne the pain;1454421; said:
Most of these albino artc are not H wyckioides like everyone thinks, but H nemurus, and no where near as aggressive. H wyckioides was sold under the name of H nemurus for years and this is where the confusion arose, to be honest they are not even alike, apart from being Bagrids. Oh and some sites quote some sizes that are a little off the mark. :)
What? There are catfish sites that qoute the wrong sizes? I'm in shock Wayne!

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Someone on here has had one for ten years in a 15,000g tank, and its only a foot long. doubt it ever gets to 24", but you never know.:)

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
channel cats don't look like artc's,........... do they?? If you can get a pic that'd be helpful

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store