Albino, Leucistic, Xanthic, Melanistic, etc. Fish

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
doubledragon;715079; said:
Sorry I don't know how to post pics. I'm sure someone can pick up the slack for me, I do however have 2 albino channels about 13inches and 4 albino senegals about 8-12inches. But, I couldn't resist to de thread this for a second, first are there any albino silver arro's in the U.S., if so where can I get one and how much. C,mon feedback please. That pic is enough to drool over, I couldn't imagine if it was in my room.
the ones I've seen were not in the U.S., simply because most hobbyist in this country are, for the lack of better words, "cheap". Well, before anyone gets offended, let me clarify. People who live in the U.S., have other things to spend money on, such as cars, boats, yards, dogs, larger, out door things, where in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, land is very expensive, most people live in small apartments, where they don't need boats, and don't have room for dogs, etc...so they spend their money on smaller, more manageable pets, like fish.

To answer your question, the silver aros albino are wild caught, they priced at $15000.00 each, yeah, fifteen thousand. The albino asian arows, are priced around the same from 15-50 thousand, depending on if its a red, crossback or green, however, they are captive bred fish, which is also why you'll see more and more of them, and mutations too

albino trio.jpg

Reactions: PrinceFish

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Just been through this thread and was wondering ...what kind of fish was Snowy? Lungfish? And why was it so rare & expensive? Wasn't sure which pics the posts were referring to....
Thanx.

red_apino.jpg

Reactions: qldmick
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store