Angelfish Laid Eggs

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello. I guess she will lay her eggs where she wants to. LOL. I wasn't planning on raising any.
Hello; I had a pair of angels spawn some years ago. They choose broad plant leaves. I made a thread about the experience on this site. If you have an extra heater the one with eggs on it can be kept in place.

My experience suggests the parents are likely to eat the eggs and/or fry at some point. I had to set up a separate grow out tank to raise fry.

One lesson learned is to keep an eye on the male for damage. The female beat up my male and eventually I was late catching on to hoe damaged he was. My pair spawned every few weeks until the male succumbed to his injuries.

DawnMichele

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2010
Florida
Hello; I had a pair of angels spawn some years ago. They choose broad plant leaves. I made a thread about the experience on this site. If you have an extra heater the one with eggs on it can be kept in place.

My experience suggests the parents are likely to eat the eggs and/or fry at some point. I had to set up a separate grow out tank to raise fry.

One lesson learned is to keep an eye on the male for damage. The female beat up my male and eventually I was late catching on to hoe damaged he was. My pair spawned every few weeks until the male succumbed to his injuries.
Hello. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. 😀

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Tbh I've never heard of any cichlid laying eggs on a heater.
I've had many pairs of amatitlania lay eggs on the heater. My plecos also lay on heaters. Seems to do them no harm.

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
yes it’s pretty normal. My discus and angels have laid eggs plenty of times on the heaters lol specially if they are placed up and down rather than sideways. You can get cones or other long flat surfaces. Dont be surprised if they lay on the glass of the tank either lol

Reactions: DawnMichele
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store